Monday, 14 November 2005

Exam, Chicken Corn Soup, Emily Rose and Tattoo

My written exams are over! Weird, I don't know how I feel... the papers were tough, but I don't feel much... I guess I'm glad I learn more things today... the great thing about exam is that we get a different angle to what we have learnt... you know... like you've studied something and you understand it a certain way... but the exam questions would actually challenge you to think about something from another angle... it's really a good thing, but the unfortunate bit is that there's a passing and failing issue.

Anyways, half the battle has been fought (and won, hopefully...), tomorrow would be another long day, extra long for me because my turn's in the afternoon... but I have to be at the quarantine room at 12noon... I think I only get to start at 1 something... because the examiners would need their lunch breaks. Before that, I would have the whole morning to pace around the house, calculate my pulse rate... was doing that last night as struggled to sleep at 1am... kept tossing and turning... and had some palpitations... but pulse rate was consistent at 80bpm.

Dr. Padmini was saying just now... "You all will be getting common things for your clinical exam tomorrow.... so don't go about making some exotic diagnosis.... what's common, is common..."

Sound advice....

Mum's making chicken corn soup in the kitchen... yummy... can smell it in here... :)

Invited my parents to watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose on Wednesday afternoon... my mum's interested... dad not really... hope there would be an afternoon show... then probably watch something else with Chris and Doreen later in the evening, maybe Chicken Little? Or whatever that looks not too cheapskate... since Chris' not a fan of horror flicks... I'm not either but I'm interested in this one just because it's based on a true story and it involved a Catholic priest... and also the story centres around a court trial... love that!

That's because I fancied myself being a criminal lawyer once upon a time... but I can't lie convincingly, and I'm too emotional, so bad idea...

I usually love war movies, violent fighting movies that involves a lot of blood, movies with cute animals, love stories if the actors are cute, epics.... that's why my all-time favourite is Braveheart! I don't know how many times I saw it on VCD before it went caput... ya that reminds me... I want to get it on DVD...

I'll check my $$$ status on Wednesday and decide whether to get a tattoo or dye my hair, or get a new jacket. My cuz's back in town, so I may just pop into his new tattoo studio.

I've been contemplating the tattoo thingy for too long... so I don't know what that means... maybe I'm too chicken to actually get it? Or is it I'm hesistant because my parents were psychoing me and my sis some time ago that both of us are in the professional field, so it won't be befitting for either one of us to have it.... but most of the time in my mind, most of the time I'm like, "The hell with what people think!"... but at the same time, I'm scared that I might actually regret it later of fall out of love with it.... and it would be too much a hassle to have it removed...

Anyways, I'll contemplate more tomorrow after my 2nd short case.

Cheers people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI sharon! by the time you read this, u prob have finished ur cliical exams. MCQ for O&G is very tough arrghh. hey Doreen has watched chicken little, so probably we just have a ladies outing? haha! enjoy emily rose ok? tell me the story but minus the scary part ok? :)

Blog Archive