Thursday, 24 November 2005

Ben & Wei Wei


Ben and Wei Wei's wedding reception was a somber occasion, thanks to the majority of senior citizens. But Wei Wei's really sweet and adorable, and she's tall! I was wearing 3-inch heels and still she was towering over me! But that makes her even more perfect beside Ben! Didn't really get to chat with Ben... I guess wouldn't have that chance... the couple's leaving for Johor this Sunday... that's where the bride is from, and where Ben's working now... I forsee that Ben may eventually just settle down in Johor...

Jo and I were just reminiscing about our school days and all... and we both sort of agreed that Ben was actually one of the last people we would expect to get hooked up so fast. :) Hehehe... no bad connotation to that... just that Ben Foo getting hooked up! Amazing! But I really wish him all the best. I had a warm feeling while I watching their video presentation on their lives and how they met and their wedding day in Johor... how we have all grown! Ben's like one the first few guy friends I had in school, and even after we all left school, we still managed to keep in touch... so that's really great.

I hope they have lots and lots of children! :)

This weekend I'm tied down with CCU... Dr. Annuar instructed us to be around for his wardrounds Saturday morning and Sunday morning! And I have to be on-call on Saturday night! Boohooo! And since he was only on-call next week, he insisted we join the next group for early ward round for the whole of next week! That means another week of 7am ward rounds!!!

I know it's good practice and all because when I start housemanship in about half a year's time, I have to sometimes be in the wards by 6am!! But the thing is now I'm so stressed out because there's soooo much to revise and even more to study... and even, even more to restudy because I can't seem to remember anything at all!

And today we had the whole morning of psychiatry and again I noticed Dr. Gan eyeing me... like what he did in 4th year... he always said that I looked sad or depressed when I was doing psychiatry the last time... so he always picked on me... but this morning he didn't ask me a single thing or even use my name for any teaching examples... he loved to do that last year. Maybe he saw that I looked very tired... which I was really... I even cut short my day today and got home early to rest for the reception...

Oh ya, I wore the same navy blue linen dress I wore for my ladies' night out last week! Heheh! So when Geryl asked me whether I settled the dress issue, I was pretty shy to reveal it just now.... but no problem now, hehe... wanted to actually wear a purple South China Sea dress I bought 3 years ago, but decided to save that for the Christmas party next month.... it's with sleeves so I thought that would be more appropriate for Christmas.

Luckily it's only like 10.10pm.... so about 2 hours for me to study tonight.... really feel like I'm always in the rush and in critical times.... I hope the next couple of weeks would just fly by and I would feel numb... that's what I'm rooting for.

Dr Mra acted up on her first bedside teaching with my group yesterday, according to my colleagues... thank God I wasn't there... and apparently she was upset witha few things... but when she replied my email, she was really nice and sweet, so I'm really confused.... I always have a feeling like I'm manipulating a time bomb whenever I'm talking to her... I really don't understand why she's so insecure.... she's really a very good physician, beter than most anyways, and she can teach really well.... she would be the perfect lecturer if she weren't so moody and volatile and laser-tongued.

I'm so glad that the lecturers, the old-timers in my faculty are really email-educated... it really saved me whole lot of time with arranging the classes and all... so I'm really satisfied with the group's progress today.... Prof Henry, Dr. Thomas, Dr. Soon all replied my email within hours and confirmed all their classes with me! For those less tech-savvy, I just have to reach them through smoking! Muahahahah! They are really hard to track down. But Dr. Soon gave me a surprise just now in his email when he replied in a very long and lectury manner... and he CCed the email to all the lecturers.... I was kind of embarassed... because I sent the all lecturers the same email, I just changed the names and the dates! *shy*

:)

Ok, got to stop here. Study time. And coffee time! Just now during the liaison psychiatry session I could answer all the questions on withdrawal state because I based all my answers on my own experience! Muahahahah!

Bonne nuit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, so who didya think was gonna get hitched first??

sharon said...

Hehe... I thought Cynthia Ng! Muahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

eh, true true. Our Ah Ma of the class innit? So who's already married? Jessie, Victoria, Ben... that's all I can think of. Do correct me if I'm wrong!

sharon said...

Jo's already half married! Hehe... already married la... Registered... but church wedding and reception next year. :) She has a really nice place with Frankie and 3 very cute dogs.

Vic's son Joshua is soooooooo adorable and very, very intelligent!

The rest I don't know... I'm actually in touch mainly with Jo... she's like a middle person to all the others for me... :)

Jessie should be bursting anytime soon...

Blog Archive