Sunday, 27 November 2005

Elena

Elena and I had a nice dinner at Elephant's (Chris, thanks for introducing this place to me)... my Chicken a-la-kiev was quite good despite its very coarse and very "bark-like" appearance... and Elena had fish with cajun sauce, I think.... and we were supposed to end our dinner with an ice-cream dessert, but Elephant's ran out of it! So that didn't deter us for making first our way to the MacD opposite Sarawak Plaza... couldn't get a parking space... so we made our way to Jalan Keretapi, just for a decent sundae! Now I really miss Majestic Ice-cream which used to be in Satok, but closed down because the business was not really good. I guess people here are not willing to pay for expensive (but delicious, luxurious, rich) ice-cream.

Then when I dropped her off at her place, I met up with SN Lee, who Elena's staying with during her posting here... and had quite a chat with her... she's a nurse at the Neonatal Unit at SGH... so when we started talking about the unit, and all, she started to be very worked up and even passionate about her job and voiced very strongly all her disatisfaction and concern... about the management, the boss, the housemen and medical officers... but I learnt something from her... anyways...

I've always enjoyed talking to Elena because she's very receptive and very mature (very for her age of 21)... and I loved to listen to her stories of her travel and her family... so I really wish her all the best in her studies and later in her career as a doctor!

Hope you had a great time here in Kuching! You take care!

But I'll still be seeing her tomorrow... we'll be taking some pictures around the hospital...

Now I have to read-up a little and I'll retire earlier tonight. Early day tomorrow.

Bonne nuit!

No comments:

Blog Archive