Saturday, 12 November 2005

High-tea & exam strategy

I joined my mum and her 2 ex-colleagues for high-tea at Hilton just now... the spread was quite good for RM29/- per head... it particularly appealed to me because of the good salad spread, and the sandwiches and croissants were really nice... was a bit dissapointed with the sushi spread though... they only served crab stick and egg sushi. They had laksa, fried kway tiau, some fried fish and chicken and stuff, but I didn't go for those... the dessert spread was good enough for me... had the strawberry mousse and both chocolate and corn-flavoured ice-cream! But they didn't have many cakes and pastries, unlike some other hotels that I can remember. Overall, 7/10!

If only they had sushi high-tea... that would REALLY appeal to me... oh ya which reminds me... I heard that Crown Plaza has Japanese Buffet? I'll check that out...

My revision progress today is as slow as ever... but for some reason I'm really enjoying my reading today... I'm so in love with my Papa Nelson! I know it's not really a good strategy to be reading such a huge textbook less than 48 hours before exam, but it's too addictive! At first I wanted just to read through my notes and the hospital protocol, but when stuff started cropping up and I had to refer to Papa Nelson, then there it all started... :) I guess I'm very set on studying for quenching my thirst for knowledge (cheh... but it's kinda true because I'm very obsessed with finding out what I want to know whether it's very relevant or not to my current situation...), not so much for scoring in exams... on the off set it's pretty silly, but in the long run, I know what's better...

I've tried the conventional way before (which didn't suit me very much, made me miserable...), and yes I score great marks, but several months down the line, I forget them, and when questioned, I realized that I didn't understand the subject asked very well in the first place... because there was never a thirst to know more, never the obsession to find the answers, just knowing the superficial to answer exam questions were good enough for me... and now I'm suffering the consequences of that... so I've learnt my lesson (hopefully not too late...) and that's why I'm very stubborn with my strategy now...

And that makes me blissful! I need that to continue to be sane, because I know my limitations... It's ok if I don't get an A or even a B, because at the end of the day, I'm forced to be honest with myself when I have to care for real patients (just a few more months down the line), when I'm all alone in the district hospital, and have to make a decision that's a matter of life and death. When that time comes, I can't only pray very hard and hope that what time I've invested into my studies will pay off.

Ok, better stop here... need to ZZZzzzZZzz earlier tonight... following my parents for 7.30am mass tomorrow...

Bonne nuit.

No comments:

Blog Archive