Tuesday, 22 November 2005

My feet hurt

Wow... soooo tiring today... not because studied very hard or did anything super hectic.... only because we had to hang around the CTW the whole day because we didn't want to get into a confrontation with Dr. Annuar.... so the 9 of us pulled together and clerked our patients and even had our own mini ward round before we broke off at 4.30pm... we knew that he actually made some of the previous groups stay until 6pm... so we figured since he didn't even show up the whole day, so we decided not to make ourselves too tired... we have another huge obstacle tomorrow... BST with Dr. Mra... she wants short cases, so have to brush up on PE and some common conditions tonight...but really I'm expecting some form of showtime tomorrow.

Despite my extremely fatigued feet, I apologized to them and made them walk me home just now... at least doing ONE thing I enjoy today...

Then tomorrow the whole day in the CTW again, then I'm oncall at night... and apparently Dr. Annuar wants the students do overnight calls... forget it! I won't... when is it he expects us to study? If he's willing to do the overnight with us and teach us something, I may consider.

I actually fell asleep in library just now! I was too exhausted... was trying to read up on my 2 patients, both have irregularly irregular heartbeats.... but I dozed off on top of the huge, red cardiology textbook.

I really have to relocate my study mode... it just dawned on me just now how inadequate I was just now... I've forgotten so much.... and I'm going to be practising in 6 months time! *disturbed*

So tonight, read up PE, echocardiogram, AF, ACS, angina and warfarin... long night.... and I'm already very sleepy now.... maybe should ZZZzzzZZzz for while...

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, I shall not reveal who's the 'satellite' who told me.. haha. U looked tired today, I guess me too. Today we waited whole day for Mr faris to come but he didn't turn up as well. So I can understand ur feeling of waiting whole day for annuar. Begin to miss the oh-so-free paed and O&G... enjoy on call!

sharon said...

No need to reveal... I can make an intelligent guess... :)

Blog Archive