*sob* *sob*
No caroling practice for me tonight. In fact I told my sis that I may not be able to join them this year. My schedule is too tight at the moment and I can't imagine the week that we're supposed to go out caroling... usually every night we're out, it would stretch to midnight, and we usually start 6.30pm... so I really can't see how I can manage... and that week it's when I'm having my mid-posting assessment.... 15%! And my posting coordinator has already warned us that that assessment can mean a pass or a fail in my final exam...
I'm really, really very disappointed and it's really a hard decision, but after a rather traumatic 1st week, I would consider the decision was not too hard after all...
Today was a pretty long day... we swapped ward... so this week I'm in male ward... so I had 5 patients this morning, but I only managed to clerk 4 of them.... and I couldn't even manage to clerk my patient in CTW! And I was in the wards until almost 5pm. And I didn't join the afternoon ward round in CTW with Dr. Annuar because I was busy clerking in the male ward.... but he didn't say anything... he's actually in quite a good mood this couple of days....
So am I playing with fire? Hehehe... Don't worry, it's only today lar... too many patients to cover... tomorrow I'll make sure I join his ward round.... he made 2 groups wait for him this morning at CCU at 7am and didn't turn up!!! *sigh* And weather was soo nice to sleep in (at least until 7+)!
I guess I'm feeling little bit nifty today because the change of the new ward was a really good change of environment... but still no escape fro cardiology... 2 patients were suspected to have Infective Endocarditis! And one 33-year-old man was afflicted by a really, really serious Psoriasis! I couldn't believe looking at this man in real time... the only other time I've seen such a bad case of psoriasis was in my dermatology textbook! And maybe the rarity of seeing such case in the wards was also a contributing factor, because dernatological conditions are mostly non life-threatening... but his is a case of erythroid psoriasis (according to my textbook, the life threatening form of psoriasis)....
So I would actually sum up today as a really interesting day...
Today the whole group was going smooth except for the incident with the respiratory course update... Adeline was asked by one of the specialist to recruit 5 students to attend a respiratory update this Saturday at Merdeka Palace.... and if there are mosre than 5, the extra students would be put in the waiting list... But for some strange reasons, she didn't want to handle the thing, so she passed the chore to Yang, who in turn passed it to Norizan.... So poor Norizan went collecting money and making photocopies of the form and submitted the form and money to the specialist this morning, who refused to accept the money because he said that he was dealing with Adeline, so he wanted only Adeline to pass him the money. And the worst part was that he said only 3 students (who filled in the original forms) from our group (more than 10 wanted to go, and Norizan wasn't inform that only 5 could be confirmed going) could go! So poor Norizan had to return the money to everyone who couldn't go, and explain one-by-one to them why they couldn't go!
And why our group only 3 students can go? Because Yang gave 2 other forms to some students from another posting.... appparently he said he didn't know about the original form business, and apparently not aware of the 5-student restriction....
I know some of my colleagues were upset that they couldn't go.... Raj was asking me to explain the whole thing to him... I was too tired but I felt sorry for him, so I told him anyway....
The 3 lucky people are Norizan, Adeline and I.... I'm really fortunately because Norizan passed me the form to make the announcement about it to the class last week, so I got to fill in the original form! *phew*
But I'm glad at least finally Norizan gets to go after all the trouble she went through sorting out "other" people's responsibilities/mess...
And today Dr. Mra sent me quite a long mail about what to do with neurology and some other business... *sigh* it's sometimes a bit hard to understand her email.... but the point is I have to make a few adjustments, and a few many more decisions... who, when, how... *sigh*
On a lighter note, I was reading Sue's blog entry yesterday, "Old Golden Pal"... it's really very heart-warming! Thanks Sue!
I saw Elena again today, but I'm sure for the last time! She came over to the hospital to snap some pictures, so I went around with her... her flight's tomorrow... so Bon voyage!
So another long day tomorrow! Oh ya, I would really want to know what happened from Chris about the Tebakang issue, so I can't wait to meet up with you guys! *wonder*
Cheers!
Monday, 28 November 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
►
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
▼
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
-
▼
November 2005
(39)
- Something before I zzzZZZzzz
- Yak, yak, yak...
- Decisions, decisions
- Elena
- Advent
- To go or not to go?
- Ben & Wei Wei
- I'm not crazy
- Saturation point
- Low-life form
- My feet hurt
- I want to be a singer in my next life!
- Day 1
- Night cap
- I'm on my own
- It's gorgeous!
- Can't wait for tomorrow!
- My Godchildren are soooo adorable!
- Guess what I had for buffet?
- 1st brief post-exam get-together
- I'm waiting up for House 2am
- Clinical exam (The end)
- Clinical exam (Part 1)
- Exam, Chicken Corn Soup, Emily Rose and Tattoo
- Funny bone!
- High-tea & exam strategy
- The inevitable of life
- From my perspective...
- The power of affirmation
- Another friend got hooked!
- Starting to feel the pressure...
- My horoscope today...
- Camp OneWay, Siar Beach, 3-6 NOV 2005
- I'm back!
- I'm off to Camp OneWay!
- Great day so far, expecting more tonight!
- I forced myself to wake up 7am this morning and go...
- I've wanted to post this picture the other day but...
- Matters of the heart
- ► October 2005 (8)
No comments:
Post a Comment