Wednesday, 21 June 2006

Patriotism my way

Decided on a new look for my blog, after trying out so many colours and layouts, I've finally figured that I have simple taste... less is more. Sooo... tadah! Will keep this layout for some time I'm sure...

I love the football analog clock. So cute. Removed all the medicine-related links. Decided also only to have only 2 days worth of posts on the current page, so reduce page loading time. So for those who missed my older posts... don't be shy to go through the archives. :) Hehe. So perasan.

Anyways, I'm feeling much chirpier today. I had a really bad bout of dymenorrhoea the whole of yesterday. Spoilt my day and spoilt some of my plans. Even this morning, still felt the discomfort and some bilatral lower limb weakness, so decided against (again) my very, very overdued movie marathon. It's something I've always liked during my end of posting holidays when I was still studying... I would hang out in the cinema (on a movie day) the whole afternoon, and catch 2 or 3 consecutive movies...

Will be having my SPA interview this Friday. Kee Hoe called just now to inform that over in Putrajaya, my other colleagues, who went for their interviews this morning, were asked about 9MP (nope, not 9 Megapixels) and some medical related things going on in our country... of course I didn't know shit about the Ninth Malaysian Plan (9MP)... so now surfing the web a bit for some info. Downloaded some organization chart of the Health Ministry. Hope they don't ask me whether I've registered for voting. *aiks*

I'm patriotic ok. Don't say I'm not. I'm patriotic when it comes to the Thomas Cup. That should count for something. I have no sense whatever when it comes to local politics. I thought my colleagues from semenanjung were more excited about the recent state election at my place than me. :)

Tell you a secret. One of the main 3 reasons why I decided against pursuing journalism was just this. I just cannot be a journalist/reporter in this country without being politically literate. Everything was politic... down to the size of a minister's picture on the 2nd page of the daily paper.

I just can't be bothered sometimes to sit down and try to understand politics. Sometimes, when I'm in the mood for some challenge, I would sit down and talk and talk to someone who's into politics, hoping to find something that would appeal to me. But nada. Maybe, nobody's a talker enough to impress/convince me.

I also don't find stupid jokes about politicians funny or amusing. I respect them because I see them as social workers. So if they deliver, then I will vote for them (when I finally register later...) Heh.

Good news. Kayaking this weekend! Just need to wait for confrmation from June or Min Yen. So happy! And I didn't even need to make the arrangements myself! Thanks June! I was giving up a little earlier because I thought I couldn't find a group to go with... :)

Oh another good news! Sue Yii just got engaged over the weekend! Congratulations girl! Very happy for this ex-roomie of mine back in UNIMAS. Don't be disturbed.. but I thought your fiance looked like the former MY Dr. Teh! In passing la... ehehe. :)

No pictures this time. I love to post pictures, but sometimes I'm itching to just write. :)

Owen's out with ruptured ACL. Yikes.

acl

Nah, picture. :) He'll be out at least 6 months with ACL rupture. Bad, bad injury...

I'm waiting for the Holland vs. Argentina match. I know both already through to the next round, just want to watch the match. Expect it to be exciting!

Cheers people!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

Greetings from Chiang Mai. Hope this isn't too late for you. For me, I was asked SARS. bUt they we very friendly and chatted with me like friends. so you don't feel stressed ok?

CHiang mai is quite hot, but nice and relaxing. Good place for backpaking! the night bazzar is amazing!!!!! i bought a pants like the one you wore last time, everyone is wearing it here! Local Food is good!!!!!!

Will keep you updated!!!! tAke care. miss you!

sharon said...

chiang mai! how exciting! hope you have lots and lots of fun there girl!

too late, but no problem... because none of use were asked any academic stuff or any general knowledge stuff for that matter... mostly just chit-chating about personal stuff and our aspirations i guess... so nothing la...

hey do keep me posted ya girl! and take care!

Blog Archive