Thursday, 1 June 2006

McDonald's generation

McD kids (you and me la), know how much calories are in your typical McD indulgent:
.
My typical meal includes a double cheeseburger, large french fries and strawberry/chocolate sundae! :) The total calories, just let's say it's a lot. :) *shy*
.
.
.
.
I seriously don't remember how my chronic affair with McD started, but I know it's the juicy and seriously yummy double cheeseburger that's keeping the flame burning between us.
.
So after seeing the crowd at McD 3rd Mile (and also now I'm seriously dying of boredom) I decided to "educate" myself about McDonald's.
.
Because I know with the Internet, you can dig out dirt from virtually anything.
.
It's interesting you know, but I'm still in the process of reading up more to see how true some of the claims are...
.
.

And just type "anti-macdonald's" in Googles on Yahoo search for the rep sheet...
.

Meanwhile, I'll be having my doublecheese burger....

.

.

.

My take is that if you're not making changes in your own life, not making any conscientious effort to save the environment (recycling for eg.), who the hell are you to accuse others of clearing the rainforest in the amazon for cattle rearing for beef, stuff like that.

I'm speaking from experience as a silly idealistic teenager and later medical student. As part of our public health studies, we were exposed to recycling, water treatment, sanitation, etc.

We were challenged to make an effort to practise recycling. Having separate bins for glass, paper, plastic, alluminium, etc. That lasted only a couple of days. It's so hypocritical of us to condemn other people.

A little goes a long way, and if each and everyone of us have a little of that, we don't need protests, lawsuits and boycotts.

But the world does not seem to operate that way. It appears that we are in the path of self-destruction.

And meanwhile I'll be enjoying my double cheeseburger. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive