Friday, 30 June 2006

I'm a stingray today!


stingray, originally uploaded by sharonhappymorgue.

2nd day of swim lesson. SOOOOOOOO fun! My instructor, Howard taught me how to dive and then position my body prone on the floor of the pool! Yes, just like a stingray! Way cool!!!

Did it in the 2m+ pool... will try in the 5m pool soon...

Though I felt the squeeze in my ears and all, I was doing it over and over again. Still not perfect yet, but it's getting there.

I could do the sitting position with no problem. :)

Can't wait till my next session. That would of course be next week because tomorrow my first confined dive, and then hopefully Sunday, my first open dive!

But my knowledge review session didn't go as well... I couldn't finish reading all 5 chapters, so my diving instructor was kinda disturbed... but he assured me that I need not actually cover everything one go... just be familiar with some of the basics.

So he made me promise to watch the remaining 3 CDs tonight before the confined dive tomorrow. :) Hehe. So funny. Luckily he DIDN'T make me lock my little finger with him just now to seal the deal. :)

Back to my swimming. Howard said that I should now concentrate on my diving and later after everything, he would teach the proper techniques of freestyle (actual name/term is frontal crawl) and also breast stroke (a.k.a. survival stroke).

That's it. I'm still staying up for Germany vs. Argentina match tonight. I'm of course rooting for the South Americans. :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

Hey..
eeeek.. i hate waters.... duno.. ahahaa probably its phobia or something... ahahha so im not one of those guys who can really enjoy the blue waters of beaches....
sad right? ahahhaa..

sharon said...

i thought i had some water issues too until a couple of days ago when i started my swim lesson! i couldn't believe it today that i actually swam in the standard olympic pool with ease... i always wondered how it must felt to swim in the olympic pool because you know during any swim competition, they have the underwater shot of the swimmers... i've always wanted to be like them.... :)

Blog Archive