Monday, 5 June 2006

Bruno

Uncle Tine got a new puppy couple of weeks ago. Bruno is his given name. He's simply adorable despite my initial reservation because of his not-so-puppy size. My dad's crazy about him, as far as I know... we've been making trips to my uncle's place in Airport Road several times a week just to play with him.

Our first encounter with him was quite scary, he was growling, NOT barking, but growling at us, showing his not-so-puppy teeth when we went to see him for the very first time. Then he warmed up to my dad first in our second encounter, and today, in MY 4th encounter with him (my parents visited more times than I did) he finally accepted me and licked my hands and face! Yipee! :)

My uncle is one weird character I would say. Never in a million years had I ever imagine him to adopt a pet.... he has a sub-OCD on cleanliness... his idea of petting a cat or a dog is gently (but briskly) stroking the tip of the animal's ear with the tippest of his index finger, and after that he would vigorously wash his hands.

And he has an aversion towards a dog licking people's face. When he announced to my family during a family dinner about a year ago about his intetntion of adopting a dog, my parents and I went all our way to try to change his mind. He said he wanted a "durable" (his exact word ok...) dog...

We were also afraid that he might not know how to care for the dog enough, and worse, he might not spend enough time (especially play time) with the dog. We are not worried about his food/shelther/bath, only that he might die of loneliness. So that's why when he suddenly call us (my uncle's a bachelor) one day and announced that he bought a German shepard, we almost died of shock... so that's why my dad started going over to his place to check on Bruno.

Luckily so far he's doing well, except we thought he's a bit too thin. My uncle said that the breeder who sold Bruno to my uncle claimed and advised him to not "overfeed" (only one cupful of dog biscuits a day) and not to give the poor pup any milk until he is 1 year old! We noticed that his hind legs are kinda bowing, so my parents bought milk the other day, but my uncle insisted that the breeder told him specifically not to give any milk until 1 year.

What sort of stupid breeder is that? COMMON SENSE. Puppies drink their mother's milk don't they? STUPID. Now we're trying to "psychoeducate" my uncle. But my dad said we shouldn't interfere...

Bruno with mum...
.

Bruno only started warming up to me today... but you can see he's still a teeny-weeny bit unsure of me... see his tail and ears...
.

But he liked my watch.....

. He really, really liked my watch....
.


.

Check this little video I made of Bruno with my dad and uncle...

.

No lar.. I didn't get this bruise from Bruno...Muahahahah!... got it last week why doing something during the Youth ER... that's how a 1-week-old bruise looks like... Muahahah! It's an interesting brusie because of the striation, produced because the impact was over a layer of clothing... hey I just realized that the site is not obvious in this picture... hehe... wanna guess?

.

Ok shit look at the time. 12.47am. Need to sleep. Going to donate blood tomorrow. Have to tell alittle lie to the nurse in the blood bank. The last time I said that I slept at 1am, she immediately rejected me... so I'm going to say maybe 11pm or soemthing. I mean it would be ok because I'm on holiday, not doing anything strenous after. :)

Good night you all!

No comments:

Blog Archive