But first reaction was to locate my camera and run after her.
She brought the poor snake to the backyard and started playing with the reptile, pinning the poor fellow to the ground and continuously pawing its head. Despite my nature of always saving some critters in distress, I continued to snake and watch the poor thing suffer.
I've turned into a hardcore papparazi.
But I did scream for my dad to save it, while continuing pressing the shutter. :)
But dad said it was it was almost certainly dead by the time he got to the scene.
And then Stryker, my blind dog, started poking his nose around and suddenly got a little agressive because he wanted the credit of catching the snake. The pets in my house are usually like that... they like to catch stuff and bring them home to show off, especially to my dad.

Snake pinned to the ground.

Snake trying, in vain, to escape... almost got away into the pipeline if it weren't for Stryker interfering...

Stryker gave Jelly a little nip on her ear, which sent her wailing, and ran off with the snake... cool picture eh? :)

Cause of death: Severe trauma due to unprofessional snake wrangling techniques. Mode of death: Accidental
.
.
.
I caught the World Cup Fever too. Ever since the Japan vs. Australia match, I haven't missed a match... favourite so far... Argentina's thrashing of Serbia and Montenegro... and Ghana's outplaying of the Czech Republic!
I was thinking that I'm really very, very lucky... I get to watch the French Open, World Cup and very soon, Wimbledon, in succession during my hols! Now I'm really glad I didn't plan any trips...
I've also picked up somewhat a new hobby... to keep me occupied in those in between times when the matches are a bit dull... nail-painting! But need to perfect my techniques further to get slicker and cleaner results...

Was attempting to paint Portugal colours, but turned out more like Italian colours no? The orange turned out a bit redder than I expected... next time single coat will do.

The toes got at least 6 coatings!

The black dots didn't quite add the special something I was hoping for.
.
.
.
Then last night my parents were invited to some dinner, sis was out, I was stucked at home with no dinner, no transport, and still too early for footie, so under the drizzle, made my way to the Satok Sunday Market on foot. Used to do this more often when I was still studying...
Purpose: to test my night scene mode on my Ixus 60, and buy dinner.

The hawker stalls... very smokey because of all the barbequeing that was going on...

The weekend market proper... got some fruits and went to check out the animal section... couldn't find lettuce in the whole freaking market though.

Nicey... lurve my Ixus. *muah*
Finally got home. Didn't get my dinner. Had cucumber salad at home instead. But still very happy. :)
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment