Monday, 26 June 2006

Wimbledon 2006 begins today


surfing family, originally uploaded by sharonhappymorgue.

My parents bought a new desktop last week to meet the demands of our very internet savvy family... to fully utilize our 24-hr unlimited broadband internet access, and to bring to end our constant bickering/competition/waiting to use the internet.

I have my own laptop but we didn't have a router then... so now the house is more peaceful and the atmosphere is more purposeful. Pheobe's happier too. But dad's still trying to get us to reaarange the rather chaotic arrangement of the terminals.

Maybe when all the excitement's tonned down a little...

Today is Day 1 of Wimbledon. Bagdathis' playing. Hope he pulls something interesting from his bag of tricks to bring that magic into MY life again like in Melbourne Park. :)

Asked my parents about scuba-diving lessons. Dad's first response was, "But you can't swim!"

And mum's was "But you won't have time when you start work later!"

I CAN SWIM. I've just never been given the opportunity to drown or save a drowning person. I know I'll be super busy with work soon, but that doesn't mean my life ends there right?

Justified. :)

But basically they agreed, but their hesitation has triggered some more brain activity on my part, so I think I need a day or two more to think about it.

Exciting huh? I imagine myself diving in divers' haven Sabah!

Hehe... *evil* I'm plotting to get myself a new camera, a water-resistant one. I just can't stand the high-maintenence of my Ixus 60. The body's scratched like it's a couple of years old (it's only 2 months old) and the button markings are already scraped off... mechanism of action postulated: rough handling.

Ixus is gorgeous really, but apparently not for me. I loved Kee Hoe's shockproof and waterproof Olympus 720 SW! WIth image stabilization! *dreamy*

Planning a Miri trip. I want to use bus, but dad's not keen. Wants me to fly to accompany mum. Maybe will compromise. Bus KCH-MYY, then fly MYY-KCH.

What's in Miri? Relatives, city status, nice shopping complexes (so I heard) and Philip! Hehe... nah.

Just thought of the bus trip. Hoping an adventure out of it. And take lots and lots of pictures.

Accompanied Jo to Skin Clinic at SGH this morning for her patch test. The nurse didn't allow any spectator so didn't get to see the procedure. Nothing much la Jo said, just lots of tapping on her back. Now she's just worried about how's she going to avoid sweating until Friday. She teaches at a secondary school in Asajaya...

Oh ya, the roti canai at Pee Jay Corner at Satok is yummy!

Ok. Australia vs. Italy match looks quite exciting... will stop here.

Cheers!

No comments:

Blog Archive