Saturday, 1 July 2006

Sore toe

I'm itching all over my body with the yuckiest whealing you ever see (most probably due to the chlorin and also the sun). Remember I have PMLE (Polymorphous Light Eruption, see this post).

My left toe (yes, THE left toe) got smashed by the 13kg scuba tank. And it's hurting like hell now.

Popped in anti-histamine and paracetamol (because ran out of NSAIDs).

But I can't stop smiling and thinking of my extraordinary experience today, and absolutely looking forward to tomorrow's dive at Satang Island. Hope to see some green turtles!

We did all the required scuba diving skills required by PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors) from 9-4pm at Stampark. It's quite overwhelming, but the basic principle is to relax, NOT panic, breathe slowly and deeply, THINK and look out for your buddy. And follow all plans agreed before dive.

At least that's the message I got. Some of the skills were a little scary like the free-flow air in the case of a faulty regulator... I have to partially release the mouthpiece to air source some couple meters deep and try breathing. That was scary but I just brace myself and thought clearly what I had to do and tadah, AIR!

My tank also ran out of air just now half way so I got to experience what it's like to have NO air... so I had to use my instructor's emergency regulator (a.k.a. the octopus) and we swam to the intended spot in the pool.

Reminded me of the time during white water rafting at Sg. Padas when I got trapped beneath the boat when I got thrown out of the boat. I remember having no air for God knows how long, and my life flashed in front of me in that few seconds. There was no real fear, just thinking of my loved ones. Funny eh?

But at the same time, when the moment I started breathing in the water, I felt soooo elated, like life was beautiful and sooo worth fighthing for....

I expect more life-altering moments tomorrow when I go for my first open dive tomorrow. Need all the rest I can get tonight. Hopefully my toe won't hurt as much tomorrow.

The anti-histamine has kicked in. Itch relieved some. But the pain is still there, with some paraesthesia.

Sweet dream people!

p/s: I'm bummed that Argentine lost to freaking Germany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argentina lose was a heartbreak :(

Blog Archive