
It's my second time around kayaking in the open sea... the first was many, many years ago... can't even remember where I kayaked... this time is Kuala Salak, some 15-20mins drive from Kuching. One of 3 places in Kuching known to be inhabited by the dolphins. Nice beach... definitiely cleaner and more beautiful than Siar Beach, any given time.

All the limelight should go to the Irrawaddy dolphins, who remained elusive until after one hour in the water. They didn't stay very long, only long enough to check us out, and decide that we were not interesting enough to stay around for...

The view of the surrounding mountains and highlands were quite spectacular... you know, it gave me one of those life is beautiful kind of moment. :) It's been a while since the last time I felt that way... That's Azmi, my guide behind navigating.

With Min Yen and Brenda, both former schoolmates...

Min Yen and Bren...

New friends... Nicholas, Joel and Yong Syn....

One gross thing though. I had to (after 30mins of intense anguish and suffering) pee in the boat. I know, I know gross, but what to do... we were in the water for more than 3 hours. But I didn't follow Min Yen's squatting pee position she demonstrated on her boat. Too dramatic. I just forced myself to pee quietly.

Azmi and I anchored our kayak next to a fisherman's boat, and checked out his spoil.

Not bad, not bad.

Was sooo tired after that I dozed off in front of the telly. I'm sure I was smilling... Would definitely go for another kayak trip again. Thinking of the rainforest adventure. :)
But the dolphin-watching is a must guys, at least once.
Anyone interested to join me for the rainforest adventure? Let me know...
Check out Kuching Kayak Sdn. Bhd. for more info.
Thanks Francis and team for the wonderful experience!
Cheers!
7 comments:
You should have seen (and heard) me on my first encounter with this wonderful creatures!
Glad that you'd a blast!
I know. It's an amazing experience. :)
thanks! hope to kayak again soon...
I wan all ur pics pls!!
I'' go ur house wif my thumbdrv.heheh
Hey no snapshots of min yen demonstrating her peeing in the kayak skills?? Lol.
I went to the same thing went i went kayaking a couple years back. Hehe... Damn... now whenever someone mentions kayaking, i'll probably go "I bet u peed too in your kayak eh..." hehehe!
bren: already burnt them into a cd... pass to you tomorrow...
perky: i was in too much "pain" didn't think of snapping her demo... i felt "empowered" after finally peeing in the boat. if you can do that, you can do anything! haha!
U gals are gross! heehee pee pee ;)
fh2o: u saying u never peepee-ed in the kayak? :)
Post a Comment