Monday, 26 December 2005

My "last" Christmas

My Christmas hardly turned out the way I imagined it to be.... not better or worse, just different, and I loved the unexpected twist...

Before that, let's observe a moment of silence in rememberance for the victims of the Boxing Day Tsunami last year...

*silence*

Next agenda.... thank you guys for all your Christmas wishes and cards! I thought we've grown out of all, but I really, really appreciate all of it.... it's really always the thought that counts. :) *touched*

Christmas Eve was amazing... locked up my lazy bone in the closet and spent the whole day in the kitchen to prepare for dinner... and everything turned out sooo pretty and delicious... so that's really something.... I was expecting a lacklustre dinner because I just didn't envision anything that might be different.... won't trade it for any other way.

Unlike my planning from last Christmas, I didn't make it to Midnight mass this year, went for evening mass on Christmas day itself... almost didn't make to church because I wanted to visit Hema, but mum made such a fuss about it, so I gave up, and eventually attended, eventhough I felt unprepared and unworthy... but I secretly and quietly thank my mum for nagging me yesterday...

Then after mass I suddenly thought about Geryl, who said that he would be spending his Christmas evening in the hospital with his aunt and uncle, and some of his newfound friends...so gave him a call, and we spent the whole evening over coffee and catching up with all our stories.... thanks pal! Really appreciate your company! :)

Then today, for the first in the 5 years that I've known Hema, I finally made my way to her house for a little Christmas visiting.... met all her doggies! Love Kitikia the most, with her BIG, really guli-looking eyes, and a bursting waistline! Hahaha! So cute! Managed to chit-chat with my dear Mun Foo on the way to Hema's place some more, eventhough not as much words as I like were exchanged between us... muhahaha! It's always so frustrating to talk to him. I wish he was a little more exciting, and teeny-weeny more interesting, but I can tell that he's trying.... he's come a long way since the first time I spoke to him in 1st year. I wish him all the best in his future undertakings. He's such a truly nice guy.

Then York Tien was telling me about his group's plan of traveling around China after our professional exam... no wonder I only heard rumours here and there about it... it's become a "couple" trip, York Tien with his gf, Chiun Pheng with his gf, Kwek Foong with his gf, etc.... so that's why I wasn't invited.... but that's ok... I'm not into China.... if I have the means, I would love to go to South Africa for Safari!!!! I actually went asking about it couple of months back, but it's too expensive, so it's not in my immediate plan... maybe after working for a while, and hopefully find someone who may share the same passion for wildlife, I may just make that "dream" trip to a Safari....

Everything may sound mundane, but I guess it's really a great Christmas because I didn't expect much to begin with, but that doesn't mean that I'm less grateful... I'll always remember this "last" Christmas... next year everything will be different....

Now I'm looking forward to 2006... Geryl was asking me about any new year resolutions... and it's funny because I realized I didn't have any! So talk about being a no-life! Haha! And I don't remember what my resolutions from last year were... but I remember making them at the end of 2004... :)

Maybe no new year resolutions, but many, many, many things to thank God for:
  • The gift of life
  • A restless and doubtful heart and a pondering mind, without which I would not have been able to mantain my sanity
  • A family, perfect or not
  • Great, great friends, constant or not
  • Life experiences, both good and bad ones
  • The craziness of my everyday being and life, without which I would not have been as strong

And for the new year resolutions, I have to sleep on it tonight...

Then tomorrow I have to return to the craziness that is my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hei! Kitikia says hi...she recommends u Revlon if u want beautiful eyes like hers! e..he, so very happy u came, me dear...wished Piya was friendlier, she'd finally ate that piece of keropok u left...my apology she forgot to thank u...!

Blog Archive