Thursday, 1 December 2005

Dinner, bath, oncall...

I was in the faculty the whole day today because we have formal classes the whole day... we're having the Dean (who's a psychiatrist) for 5 weeks for our liaison psychiatry component for my medical posting, so it's really cool.... instead of asking us to clerk cases and present them, he discusses examples of exam questions and he expands the subject just from one question... and we could discuss almost 2 hours of it without ever any minute paused because of no question to ask. And he's really good at getting everyone to talk.... that's why he's the psychiatrist. :) So I totally enjoyed that in the morning.

The afternoon was also mind-boggling.... Dr. Tang razzled and dazzled the whole class with his panoramic view of cardiology and he's very intelligent approach to the different conditions that may affect the heart... he also gave us so many little hints here and there, tips and the do's and don'ts when we start our housemanship in 6 months time.... so that was great too. I'm really looking forward to his bedside teaching tomorrow 8am... so tonight during my oncall, I'll try to look out for some interesting cases to be discussed with him.

On my way home, I was giving Adeline a ride home, we bumped into Dr. Myint, who took us for paediatric... she took me together with Dr. Chan for my short cases during my exam 3 weeks ago.... so I offered her a ride home too. She commented that she was a bit disappointed with my performance during my short cases... she said I could have done better.... yeah, I know.... I was hoping this wouldn't come up as an issue anymore, but I guess there's something behind everything that happens... is it a reminder for me to do something?

By the way, our paediatric results will not be revealed until after everyone (can you believe some of my colleague refused to submit a feedback form and are now causing the whole group's results to be withheld?) submit the stupid feedback forms.... and some of them have not completed their oncalls.... *sigh*.... my group really go all the way to "irritate" poor Dr. Padmini... a few of them also did not fill in the supervisor's assessment marks... so she had to look up the supervisors themselves to ask for the marks.... can you imagine that?

Got to go now... dinner, bath, oncall.... cheers!

No comments:

Blog Archive