Thursday, 15 December 2005

Musings

What a hectic day. Non-stop class 8.30am-4.30pm! And what do I gain from it all? Disproportionately inadequate. I only gain more pimples, resentment, more unwanted revelation about the people around (which I don't care to elaborate).

And Dr. Annuar even made my group go back to the hospital after the class, which I didn't go because I didn't bring my labcoat and all my "equipments"... and besides I didn't see the point because he wanted us to present all the cases in the ward, which we couldn't clerk today because of the marathon classes.

"I don't care. You guys should have clerk the patients 5am this morning." he said.

But I didn't go. :) 1 down. Nevermind. 4 more to go. Muahahhaha!

And he's making us come this weekend. Shit. Tough luck for my group. We also "kena" the last time he "realized" that he was a lecturer. But of course I'm not planning to go on Sunday. Nevermind, 3 more to go. :)

Then he also said the next group has to go during Christmas and New Year. It's just so convenient for him to pick this time around to exert his Bruce Almighty power on us. Where was he the past 4 weeks MIA?

He said we "can't" go then we shouldn't be doctors.

I agree. But I don't agree that doctors should be stupid. If he teaches, and answers our questions during his "ward round"... then it's fine, really... but what did he do the last time.... we followed him like chicks.... didn't even teach.... then when we asked him questions, he said we should ask some other specialists, or read it up ourselves...

We read, I tell you, we really read, but some things are best explained by a lecturer or at least a proper clinician...

Anyways, regarding the willingness to work on Christmas and New Year, I have no problem, I know what I'm up for when I took this course... but we are not stupid. I don't think I'm delusional. When I'm actually working, I'll know my priorities.

Let's see, what else struck me today... yes, in spite today being the dateline for case write-up, only 16 out of 28 students submitted their write-ups.... I really don't understand their mentality.... I think they're just abusing Dr. Thomas' niceness... imagine if it's Dr. Mra's who's receiving the write-ups... I'm sure all 28 would have reached me today.

*disturbed*

And they had like 4 weeks to write it? *puzzled*

This morning I enjoyed Dr. William's pharmacology class very much... he chose a real psychiatry case with an extensive history of polypharmacy... so we discussed each drug one-by-one... I thought I learnt a lot and it's great revision.

Yeah, I thought that was the best class today... and Dr. Thomas' class a bit "sedating". :)

I was supposed to go to the wards tonight but decided against it because the ward's usually crowded with patients' relatives... so have decided instead to make it tomorrow early morning... maybe 6.45am? Too ambitious? I'll see.

Now I'm reading up on some haematological disorders because we're getting Prof. Henry tomorrow morning for bedside teaching.... and coincidentally, tomorrow's IDA is on Anaemia, I think. So that's great.

Lastly, what's the big deal about the naked ear-squatting issue? If it's just ear-squatting, it wouldn't be so much of an issue.... it's the NAKED part that's getting everybody excited.

Bonne nuit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey... tough day in the office ya... hmmm... if there's anything i can do, u know How to reach me... and remember, When and Where is not an issue!! 30 minutes, tops!!!
Dr Anuar?? hmmm... probably not enough sex at home i guess... hahaha!!! LOL...
Ear squat issue, i agree with you. Totally... Forget Bukit Aman, in Kuching alone there could be up to 50 person kena this ear squat thingy each year... no issues here... they were naked too...
As for this one, it was just a case of bad media intervention and cheap publicity thingy...
Heck, when my (media)office received the news, along came the info that she was a malay (malaysian) and the reason for the squat that very same morning... then came the big frontpage at Star paper... and that's why the Police was not concerned by this at all...
anyways... gud luck on your mid term... i'll see you Soon!!! =)

Blog Archive