Saturday, 3 December 2005

Genetically rude

Talks were good, food was good. Not exactly my ideal weekend but I thoroughly feel that my weekend's well spent (instead of being a couch potatoe at home)...:). At least now I have a a better idea what I should be reading up more for my respiratory topics.

I'm actually attending the "Sarawak Respiratory Update" held at Merdeka Palace this weekend.... updates like this are held throughout the year on various topics and whenever I get the chance, I would try to attend...

So now I'm checking out the latest on Avian Influenza and Tuberculosis on the WHO and CDC websites... hopefully tonight I want read-up further on lung cancer and occupational lung diseases.... the links to the websites are on my side panel....

Oh ya, I was very disturbed with the lack of civility shown by the crowd during the talks.... handphones after handphones were ringing.... sms tones after sms tones!!! Honestly... the ballroom was filled with doctors and nurses and other paramedics! And to think they should be more civilized than some chinese taukeh selling kolo mee.... I was both very ashamed and frustrated... and I know some of them actually enjoy their handphones going off.... ring once they quickly cancel the call, and instead of switching it to silent mode, they let it be only to have it go off again, and again, and again....

*puzzled*

Yes, I'm more puzzled than anything else actually.

I think it's just in the blood... no amount of education would ever rectify the mentality. It's too much of their identity to be inherently rude and uncultured.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... "So This Is Where The Enemy Sleeps..." - Russell Hammond (Stillwater) from the movie Almost Famous...
Hey there... just wanna say hi, drop by and do some testing on this web's Post-A-Comment trigger button... it's gud... user friendly and the plus side is that u dun have to be a signed member to post one... I cheers to that!!
Sorry, no comment on ur post though... all i can say is, welcome to the our country's best reality tv show.. *drum roll*... Being Malaysian!!!! tada!!! *clap-clap*...
Ok, Shay... u take care now...
I'll see u when i see you...

Blog Archive