So I'm starting Surgery posting tomorrow... mixed feelings... happy? Yes, cause I kind of like Surgery. Scared, definitely... it's my last posting as medical student, which also means that my professional exam is drawing near.
Just want to wish my colleagues a happy new posting! Lots and lots of luck to us yeah?
I was telling my parents that I want to step up my exercise regime a little... maybe I'll start walking to hospital/faculty as well on top of walking home... the previous arrangement was for my dad to send me in the morning and then I walk home in the evening... but I feel progress is a little slow... and I have many risk factors for IHD. My dad thought it was an excellent idea, but mum... she said I would get too sweaty and yucky for class... so I'll sleep on that thought tonight and see on which side of the bed I wake tomorrow.
Mass was awful just now... there was no band only one very old organist who played so painfully slowly... and I had this horrible bout of headache... then later I bumped into Eleanor and Fred Teng and his family... his 2 children were beautiful, Isaac and Faith, but my mum was not impressed with their unbelievable hyperactivity and high-pitched screams and laughter...
She later made me promised never to subject her and dad to taking care of my children or my sis'... so I promised her I wouldn't...
"Only the occasional nights when you have a dinner function or something... that's ok... My life expectancy would surely be halved if I have to take care of children like those..."
That's just my mum...
She continued, "You and Karen were never like them... you were both so well-behaved... always sitting quietly through mass and family dinners...."
I was beaming... silly I know, like it matters... :)
Anyways... just yakking... better stop here... want to spend these last couple of hours psyching myself for tomorrow...
Cheers everyone!
p/s: Enjoy the pctures!
That's me chilling out on my couch...
I just love the light in this picture...
That's Miss Jelly, my cat with schizophrenia, hiding out in the store room... my mum now calls her the store keeper...
That's Pheobe checking out my sis' new goldfishes (2 died this morning)...
That's Grandpa Stryker... 14 dog years (14x7=98 human years)... oh ya btw, he's blind...

That's Pheobe on guard duty...


No comments:
Post a Comment