Monday, 20 February 2006

My laptop died

Crap. My laptop died on me last night. Brought it to my technician after class just now and he officially declared it braindead. Now it needs a new hard disk. What's crappier is that my data couldn't be saved, so I lost all 3 of my ortho case write-ups. Shit. I knew I should have saved it in my handy drive or something... *sigh* So now I have to figure out how to rewrite everything. Crap.

I waited for my technician for almost 2 hours to resuscitate my laptop just now... and my heart felt like it dissolved when he announced that he's given up.

I was so confident that my technician would be able to salvage my data... he's been doing it for the last couple of months. I even told Connie confidently just now that I'm not too worry about my case wirte-ups because my technician would save it... crap. I spoke tooo soon.

I lost all my recent photos too... all my CNY photos and some of my really nice shots I took these couple of days...

So I guess I won't be blogging too often until I get my laptop fixed. I can't really stand using the desktop at home... it's the oldest donosaur in Kuching I'm sure, a Compaq Presario 5000 running on CELERON! What's worse than that? And it's pretty unstable nowadays... and I have to restart at least once everytime I use it. Crap.

I'm one of those machine slaves. I feel a part of me missing without my laptop.

Crap.

No comments:

Blog Archive