I would say that my oncall didn't turn out so well... I was sooo overwhelmed by how crowded the ortho ward was just now... and it was so unbelievably hot! And the familiar odour from my 1st experience in the surgical ward from 3rd year... Poor patients... and each patient had average 2-3 relatives around them, their body heat contributing to the unpleasantness... the hospital's really not strict at all with the visiting hours... people just walking in and out, noisy too... the conversations and the handphones (aarrgghhh!)... I couldn't even talk to all my allocated patients... only managed to talk to 2 of them... so I figured since I couldn't do much, I packed my stuff and left... planning to go earlier tomorrow morning to check out the rest of my allocated patients.
And there's this very consultoid houseman who tried to "boss" us around, but fortunately she didn't make it very far because she's too busy... she's such a joke... remind me NEVER to make such an ass of myself when I start my housemanship.
I'm better off studying tonight. Besides I have clinic tomorrow morning...
On a lighter note, I discovered that Yang was a photography buff today! I never knew... we were in the same posting for the 9 months and I never knew... I was actually hiding away in the Paeds room studying when suddenly he appeared out of nowhere (my faculty's big you see, so it's quite a coincidence that we chose the same place to study) and we just started catching up and suddenly we both realized that we're into cameras and stuff... so I think we chatted about cameras for close to 2 hours??? Very disturbed...
He has the Panasonic Lumix FZ20! So he's rooting for the FZ30! But I guess my heart's set on the Canon S2... it has more of the "gimmick" features I would use instead of the more technical and "pro" or SLR-like FZ30, which by the way cost RM400 more! But I'm in the process of checking out the other Panasonic models... and I'll probably pay Yang a visit this weekend to check his baby out.
And finally of course today poor Raj was telling me about his brush with shameful racism here, here in Kuching... I was appalled, but tried to not to be worked up about it... I didn't really know how to console Raj... just hopefully my listening ear was comforting enough for him...
Good night!
Tuesday, 7 February 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
-
▼
February 2006
(50)
- Mum's 50th Birthday!
- Extended warranty
- My laptop died
- From my album (24) & (25) 3-month anniversary of m...
- From my album (23) CNY gathering
- From my album (22) Mt. Kinabalu
- From my album (21) Stubby hand
- TGIF! Have a great weekend guys!
- Congratulations Jerome & Christina!
- I mean it! Eradicate firecrackers!
- Frozen in time
- From my album (20) School Health Team
- From my album (19) "Croatian football team"
- Parasite
- Pheobe's 5 today! (5x7=35 dog years!)
- Oh yes, Happy Valentine's Day...
- From my album (18) Ginger
- Ouch.
- I HATE FIRECRACKERS!
- From my album (17) X-red
- Photo Journal
- From my album (16) A tribute to the Freesizers!
- From my album (15) I kick ass
- From my album (14) Mum and Dad's Wedding
- From my album (13) Signal Hill
- Beauty is skin deep. Urban legend?
- From my album (12) Graceful Monster
- From my album (11) Goalpost
- From my album (10) SMK Tebakang
- From my album (9) T1 & T2 at Tanjung Purun
- From my album (8) The Red Dragon
- Yak.
- From my album (7) Soyabean
- From my album (6) Perspective
- From my album (5) In front of G1
- The ortho ward
- From my album (4) Sg. Padas
- The Usual Suspects
- From my album (3) Ginger Boy
- From my album (2) Jimbo
- From my album (1) Form 4
- Just a little hitch
- The form factor
- Pre-posting psychotherapy
- Living the moment
- 3 more days
- The Shrine of St. Peter, St. Peter's Church, Padungan
- The blogging power
- Had a wondeful dinner at Merv's place last night. ...
- No title
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
No comments:
Post a Comment