Wednesday, 15 February 2006

Frozen in time

Pheobe's enjoying her birthday present very much... a new cushion... cost my mum RM50/- including the cover (the chequered one)! And it's so much fluffier and softer and heavier than mine! *jealous* And the weather was like really nice to sleep in the whole day... some are just born lucky.

Pheobe was kinda "drowsy" the whole day...

My parents and I picked up a family friend who arrived from Australia this evening... I was kind of tired from afternoon lecture, but I couldn't resist the ride up to our slowly but surely morphing airport! It's really, really pretty and classy... 1000x better than our old shithole. But I remembered Linus saying that he liked our old one, and wished they didn't renovate... he's always like that... he wants Kuching to be frozen in time, while he spends his productive years away from home, and would have home (Kuching) to come home to. But I want Kuching to grow... it should only be frozen in time in our memories... just like that.

Departure...

Arrival hall...

Oh no, talking about Linus, his place got burglarized last week... he lost quite a lot of money and equipment... really sorry about that friend. You can read his account on the incident on his blog.

One place that I've been to was Kai Chin's place in Jelebu, which I thought was so charming, and yes, very frozen in time. A huge chinese village and its main economy, rubber. One of my most memorable experiences... I took KTM from KL Sentral to Seremban, and from there Kai Chin drove me and Hema almost 2 hours I think to his place in Jelebu.

The village's basketball court, where you can see old "uncles" sitting around smoking and chatting in the evenings... gave this nostalgic feeling just sitting around there... Kai Chin (extreme right) was very disturbed though that I wanted to snap pictures there... :)

On a hill which had the panoramic view of the whole village... Kai Chin could even point out his house from the hill...

Ok, I have another motive for writing about Kai Chin... a little bird told me today that my friend has a GIRLFRIEND!

KAI CHIN HAS A GIRLFRIEND!

Muahahaha!!!

Since the secret is out, please do the right thing and introduce her to us lar... what's the point of keeping it secret-secret... hehe...

No wonder lar yesterday morning (Valentine's Day) when I met him in the ward, he was so bright and cheerie and even looked glowing... and he chirped, "Happy Valentine's Day Sharon!" and closed the door of the UNIMAS room on 6th floor... and I swear I could hear him singing down the corridor... nolah... heheh...

Don't be disturbed ya ChickenDuck.... I'm very happy for you... looks like the cupid was working overtime this Valentine... good luck! ;)

Cheers people! May all your dreams come true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon..Happy Valentine's Day..not exactly sure if u're anti-Valentine's though..:) Anyway, love to read ur blog, especially all the photos..keep it up!

sharon said...

Thanks Debbie! I'm aboslutely NOT anti-Valentine. :) Love the concept, but don't celebrate it the "commercial" way. Hope you enjoyed your Valentine... :) Take care!

Blog Archive