I missed my mandatory daily swim today because the weather was playing peek-a-boo with me. I was getting ready to leave the house for the waterpark, when suddenly the sky turned eerily dark and grey, and I could see flashes of lightning at a distance.
"MISSSISSIPPI-1, MISSISSIPPI-2, MISSISSIPPI-3, etc...."
No thunder. Each Mississippi represent the distance in mile of the lightning. If I reach Mississippi-6, for instance, and the thunder roar, then the lightning/thunder is about 6 miles away.
Not scientific ok. Just something I picked up while watching Sesame Street as a kid.
So anyways, I decided against going to the waterpark because if it's only showers, it would not be a problem, but lightning and thunder... a big NO-NO.
So instead, I took out dad's boxing gloves, and removed the chair that's supporting the punching bag, and started whacking the miserable bugger.
And then I saw the sun. Darn. And it continued to be sunny until dinner time.
But boxing's good. Worked up a sweat pretty quick.
Went shopping today! :) Finally got myself the "display unit" for my 50+ pairs of earrings. Haven't got a photo, maybe tomorrow. :) So happy!!! *dizzy* So nice to look and touch all my danggling earrings... :)
Then today 2 blogging buddies reviewed a movie each they've seen recently, Jemima found "Little Manhattan" most charming, and Brenda thought that "Sophie Scholl" was brilliant!
Both sound pretty good to me! So at least now I have a little project for these few days... to track these 2 DVDs... Saberkas tomorrow! :)
Any more good movies to recommend? I basically love heavy movies (eg. Sunshine), but I also enjoy epics (eg. Braveheart, Gladiator) and heartwarming cum comedies (eg. Secondhand Lions)... Let me know!
Can you believe that I forgot about "House" last night? Yes, very disturbing, but turned on the telly on time for "Nip/Tuck", but I didn't enjoy it very much... it's basically about the misadventures and vices of 2 plastic surgeons in private practice. Not very interesting. Maybe the 2 actors not cute enough. :)
Ok, cut short. Getting too wordy. :) Cheers people!
Tuesday, 22 August 2006
Tricked by the weather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
-
▼
August 2006
(47)
- Happy Merdeka!
- My Celebrity Look-alikes! (Warning: Vanity Overload!)
- Official pictures
- What's new?
- Looking forward to MUKHSIN
- About GUBRA
- Yak, yak, yak.
- Currently reading...
- Life
- These are kinda interesting...
- Currently reading...
- Book Review
- Sharon's Take: Little Manhattan
- Currently reading...
- A day in the life of Sharon
- Some final photos from my Miri trip
- Tricked by the weather
- Sematan Palm Beach Resort
- Red-eye problem
- Time
- Have a great weekend!
- The Kutien Garden Series
- Another source of haze!
- Swimming in the haze
- Try to stay indoors during the haze
- Miri
- "Resort" Church
- The Seahorse
- The Swan
- Picture of fatty the koi before I sleep
- I'm back from Miri!
- Min Yen the triathlete my friend!
- Sarawak International Triathlon 2006
- Competition begins
- Offerings
- Bintulu's "Tua Pek Kong"
- Giant lobster
- Romantic Kutien Garden
- "Ball fountain"
- Missing Sibu
- Sibu in my heart
- Shay in Sibu!
- FYI
- Old charm of Sematan
- Confirmation
- I'm back!
- Off to Sematan!
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)

5 comments:
We get a lot of those "Is it gonna rain soon" to "Will you just rain already damnit" in KL. The weather can be such a tease. lol!
Thanks for the link, Sharon. :)
I hope you can get the dvd. "Little Manhattan" is a nice love story that pulls us out of the typical "she loves me, she loves me not" concept of romantic movies. Since the whole love story jig is shown through a 10 year old's eyes, it allows me to see the concept of love purer and simpler. It isn't easy for a movie to do that. So it's highly recommended. ;)
jemima...how can i get a copy of little manhattan? and sharon...i'be home for 2 days friend...
perky: lol! i always thought that sarawak weather is a little bit more predictable. :D raining season means raining season. don't quote me though, doesn't sound too intelligent.:)
jemima: no problem! i will definitely hunt for the dvd!
linus: 2 days only? if you're free, call me ok? we go take photos around kuching!!! :) remember once couple years back you went on a "photowalk" or something like at main bazaar area?
whoa!! and linus takes pretty good pics, don't u linus? btw, how are u ar? haven't seen u for a long long long time. how's the directing coming along? -dida-
Post a Comment