Sunday, 27 August 2006

Currently reading...



I've just picked up THE BONESETTER'S DAUGHTER by Amy Tan.

Was deciding between this book and some Roald Dahl books. My sis is a fan of Dahl's. But decided to go for Amy Tan... after all I did enjoy her Joy Luck Club tremendously many, many moons ago.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you've been doing lots of reading, girl. :)
Still no news on your posting?
Do inform me, k?

Anyway, I'll pray for your uncle.

Just heard from my brother. His friend passed away yesterday of bone marrow cancer. :(

sharon said...

hey jemima!

still no news... don't worry, will let you know!

thanks for your prayers!

your brother's friend could be my mum's friend... she's attending her funeral tomorrow morning. died of bone marrow failure.

Anonymous said...

shay, will pray for ur uncle :)

hey, read the synopsis of bonesetter's daughter. it's on my to buy list. lemme know is it's any good. love amy tan's books! oh my, u're right, joy luck club was many moons ago, no?

-dida-

sharon said...

thanks dida deary!

yes, will let you know once i'm done with the book!

Anonymous said...

I used to like amy tan but I wasn't too sure about the bonesetter's daughter: too much American-chinese overload (kinda like I absolutely hated Jung Chang's Wild Swans. Poetic my ass. Sorry, back to point), but let me know how it goes yah?

Blog Archive