Thursday, 17 August 2006

Try to stay indoors during the haze

I know I should avoid outdoors as much as possible because of the haze, but I think I need to go for a swim. The heat's getting to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A picture really tells a thousand words.

Bren said...

so many ppl getting sick in kuching...y can't d indonesians do smth abt those fires? sigh...

sharon said...

jemima: i totally agree... i tend to write many, many, many words, so now i try to cut down words... photoblogging is the way to go!

bren: they can't manage anything! that's why they're behind us.

Linus Linnaeus said...

Sharon,do note that there is possibility some logging and farming companies are probably responsible for fire and the subsequent haze could be malaysian companies with ah beng towkays going for the cheapest easiest way to make money in indonesia rather than clearing with an understanding of the environment.

sharon said...

linus: noted friend. but that's why i said the indonesians can't manage anything... no legal actions taken against them, and the authorities probably take bribes... sorry for sweeping statements, but being realistic, and less idealistic.

nemesis-on-fire said...

i agree with linus :) and yet i agree with sharon too. it's the little things like that that gets summed up and causes the problem. and let's not forget indonesia is a much poorer country than hours. environmentally friendly techniques, sometimes, cost money

Blog Archive