Bruno, my uncle's 1-year-old alsatian was nice enough to pose for me. It was taken at night and I thought the photo turned out quite ok, except for Bruno's flashing red eyes! My 2 photo editing programmes failed to clean it up. Went online to find any other ways to fix red-eye problems, but there's nothing I can do with my very basic photo editors (maybe I don't know how to use my Photoshop Elements to its max capability).
I could "repaint" Bruno's eyes. :) But it would look kinda scary, no?
Any tips? It's worse with animals because their pupils are more dilated than humans, even in daylight.
I'm making tomato chicken curry today. Uncle Tine's coming for dinner. Did my share of preparing dinner earlier because I'm going for a swim later at 5pm! :) So excited already!
Godma gave me her recipi for "Devil's curry", a portugese curry... it's a little tedious to prepare, but will try it out maybe next week. :)
Cheers!
Monday, 21 August 2006
Red-eye problem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
-
▼
August 2006
(47)
- Happy Merdeka!
- My Celebrity Look-alikes! (Warning: Vanity Overload!)
- Official pictures
- What's new?
- Looking forward to MUKHSIN
- About GUBRA
- Yak, yak, yak.
- Currently reading...
- Life
- These are kinda interesting...
- Currently reading...
- Book Review
- Sharon's Take: Little Manhattan
- Currently reading...
- A day in the life of Sharon
- Some final photos from my Miri trip
- Tricked by the weather
- Sematan Palm Beach Resort
- Red-eye problem
- Time
- Have a great weekend!
- The Kutien Garden Series
- Another source of haze!
- Swimming in the haze
- Try to stay indoors during the haze
- Miri
- "Resort" Church
- The Seahorse
- The Swan
- Picture of fatty the koi before I sleep
- I'm back from Miri!
- Min Yen the triathlete my friend!
- Sarawak International Triathlon 2006
- Competition begins
- Offerings
- Bintulu's "Tua Pek Kong"
- Giant lobster
- Romantic Kutien Garden
- "Ball fountain"
- Missing Sibu
- Sibu in my heart
- Shay in Sibu!
- FYI
- Old charm of Sematan
- Confirmation
- I'm back!
- Off to Sematan!
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)

5 comments:
I thought digital cameras would have the setting to prevent red-eye. Thus, when you take the pic, the flash is supposed to go twice.
I'm no expert but the software that I use - ACDSee does have that function to rectify red-eye - however, I've never used it. Sorry, dear. :(
the function on my camera didn't quite work. but thanks all the same! :)
proffesionals always try to avoid in the first place....rather than fix in post...it's hard when using a compact camera cause the flash cannot be pointed elsewhere....but try angling your camera next time....high angle pointing down or low angle pointing up....
as for pixie....i am so very happy for her but I do so want to be with her...gotta save up to go there....
Linus
too bad the red-eye flash function was not working properly but this makes for an interesting shot!
... i LOVE curries! :)
linus: you're absolutely right about angling the camera... it works on humans!!! :D haha!!! it's harder on animals... i've experimented on miss jelly (my cat) many times, so maybe out of 10 shots angling my camera, maybe like 2 shots with minimal red eye! about pixie, sometimes when you love somebody, you must give her space to live her dream... but anyways, hope you save enough soon! :)
fh2o: why interesting? not creepy meh? :) ok, next time i cook you some curry!
Post a Comment