I'm feeling very tired today because I slept like 4.30am this morning because I just had to finish THIS LULLABY by Sarah Dessen.Honestly it's not that good after all (the story I mean), but I just needed to know how Remy's relationship with Dexter would turn out. I cheated by flipping to the last page, but it didn't have the answer I wanted, so I went back to where I stopped and finished it the honest way. :)
The one think I liked though was the writing style. Dessen was meticulously descriptive, so I could imagine the characters and the places in the book very well. The only thing was I couldn't put a hair colour on Remy (the book's main character) because there was no mention of it... so she had diferent hair colours in different chapters! LOL!!! But I would think she's a brunette.
Wouldn't exactly get my recommendation, this book. But I would look out for Dessen's other books next time.
---
Still no news from my uncle. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.
---
Church was super boring today. Ooops, was that a sin? Need confession? Talking about that, there's this talk "Why we should go to confession" this coming Wednesday. Thinking I should go because I need some answers. I don't believe in confession, and that's killing me, because I feel lousy being a Catholic who doesn't believe in confession.
Can I even be called one?
---
I'm expecting my posting letter this week. I want to start working already. All the current idleness is making me stupid. Please people, pray that I get KK! My parents are thinking I should be getting KK, so they've been pestering me to make some planning on what to bring and stuff... I can't because I need confirmation!!!

The first thing I'll do when I get the letter and if I get KK, is to buy myself a nice map of KK. Those given free in the airport and Tourism Office not good enough (not updated in the case of the Sibu map I used when I was in Sibu)... saw some nice ones at that bookstore in Sarawak Plaza... the former Bell's Bookshop... what's it called now?
---
I'm planning to watch GUBRA by Yasmin Ahmad tonight. And if I don't die after that, read my new book.
---
The traffic jams getting to me... I'm already planning how to avoid the jam when I have to run some errands tomorrow:
1) Collect my graduation portraits (if possible, because the studio is right in the Golden Triangle)
2) Send mum to her friend's funeral, who died of bone marrow failure
3) Settle my Public Service Commission forms and sign some documents in front of Commisioner of Oaths
4) Swimming (getting fat liaw didn't swim for 2 days)
---
Ok, 10.30pm liaw. It's showtime. Have a productive week ahead!
9 comments:
a pre-req to being a catholic (whether gud one o not depends on ur pov,i suppose) is dat of doubting, not taking for granted dat all d church's teachings r true/necessary/etc.i think everyone needs a bout of disbelief before they can truly believe.
that's very true... but the problem with confession is that i doubted, then believed, then doubted again... i guess what i reaaly want is to have answers... whether it would sway me into believing confession or not...
d answer my fren,is blowin' in d wind,d ans is blowin' in d wind... :)i think d journey to d ans is more important than getting to d destination.
How's Gubra? I haven't watched it even though I've been recommended left, right & centre.
I love the work of Yasmin Ahmad. Fashionasia commented that her new movie "Mukhsin" is like "Little Manhattan". That should be interesting. :p
i agree with bren. the important thing is the journey. i doubt if we would really be able to find definite yes or no answers. is faith equally tangible to everyone? how do we really perceive God? how certain are we that God is catholic? ;) ahhh.... see, we don't really know the answer, do we? i think i learn best questioning my faith. the more one questions, the more one learns. it's a science and an art put together :) if we remain content, we'd most likely end up stagnant :p
Don't be in such a hurry to start work! Relax while you can! And hey, why exactly KK? :O
Paul
i think God IS catholic but not Catholic.... :)
bren & dida: thanks gal. :)
jemima: just blogged about gubra! yay! will look out for mukhsin! thanks for info!
paul: a little long story to tell... i'll blog about it one of these days... :)
bren: yeah :) guess so. must have a distinction :p
Post a Comment