Monday, 7 August 2006

Shay in Sibu!


sibu, originally uploaded by sharonhappymorgue.

Sunny greeting from Sibu!

Arrived Sibu yesterday 7.30pm after a smooth 6-hour journey. Angie had to work night shift 9pm-7am!!! So disturbed.

I slept like a baby 10pm-7am! :)

Had "kampua mee" for dinner, and this morning, Angie and Chieng brought me for "ten pian hu" for breakfast! Yummy!

So while Angie catch up with some sleep this morning, and Chieng work, I'm a tourist in Sibu, armed with a map and and camera. :)

Pictures later when I get back to Kuching.

Started off at Premier and I effectively visited several marked locations on my map in 2 hours, walked the whole Sanyan, and ended up back in Premier.

Sibu's small, but I like that the businesses are up and going by 8am and everything is central.

Planning to go for a movie at 2pm, because it'll be too hot to walk around anyways after lunch. Whatever movie they are showing, as long as it's in English.

Wonder if "Lady in the Water" is showing?

Will look for "kompiah" later. :) Asked Chieng about the Tiong Hua Road "kompiah" recommended by FH20, and he confirmed its fame. Chieng is a SIbu local. And very foochow. :)

Ok. Stop here. Trying to keep the one hour of the internet cafe.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Francis Ho said...

See! I neber bluff people one!

So how was the famous Tiong Hua Rd's Kom Pia? ;)

sharon said...

fh2o: i know u neber bluff ppl la, just wanted to show my sibu frens that i knew a thing or 2 about sibu... hehe. the tiong hua rd kompiah was nice, but 2nd to the baked and fried kompiah! :) personal preference. i didn't eat them quite fast enough so they were kinda soggy. :) but i met snowy the dog (i named him) at the kompiah place. :)

Blog Archive