Friday, 8 September 2006

2 days

So tempted to curse and swear rant, but heck, I've lost the steam already, so I'm just going to summarize what happened the last 2 days:

I couldn't open my Yahoo! mail, couldn't log on to Blogger (beta) and my Streamyx broadband connection was unstable. So silly me made the amateur mistake of not copy and paste my text before posting comments and saving my posts! :( Dida and Davi did this question thingy which I found interesting and which I answered all 11 freaking questions, and the whole page just went offline on me, and hence my almost one-hour worth of post was lost, forever... couldn't even recover the post. :(

No chance of me redoing the questions.

The worst part was that I could have prevented it.

And I have been crying and sobbing periodically over the last 2 days because of the reruns of Steve Irwin's shows! I'm not sure why but I'm so affected by his untimely death. I was crying and crying watching especially the segments on his children and all his conservation programmes... and even the segment on his late doggie, Sui. It's like something really blunt piercing my heart through and through.

I really can't believe that he's dead. It's just so not right.

The last time I cried like this was 5 months back when the vet told us that my very blind 16-year-old mongrel, Stryker, was dying of heart failure. I never prayed so hard in my life. Stryker was coughing really badly... and for a couple of weeks he seemed to be going downhill... but guess what? Today, 5 months later, his cough is gone, and he's still eating well, and very happy I must add. But I know I must prepare myself for the innevitable, his heart may decompensate anytime.

---

On a lighter note, news from a colleague who called the Health Ministry again, enquiring about our posting... they sent out our letters on Thursday (yesterday la) which means we should we getting them soon. And now they're saying we start on the 18th of this month.

If that's true, my destiny is sealed in an envelope somewhere, together with thousands and thousands of other letters.

But until I see the little bugger, I'm not buying the news.

---

Yesterday I had a craving for Foochow food. So I had "tian pian hu" for breakfast, and then I went to the 20% Discount Store at Jalan Keretapi (because Adeline told me there's a small shop inside that sells "kompiah"!) and bought 1 packet of 5 pieces of baby "kompiah" with sesame seeds, and another packet of 4 pieces of big plain "kompiah".

There's only one left in the fridge now. The other seven pieces, erm, I ate them all myself! *shy* Had them for lunch yesterday and breakfast this morning! :) So happy!

---

Been sleeping 3/4am for the last week or so watching the US Open. The biggest news so far is that Nadal is out! Because he's the only one with the real potential to defeat Federer in the final, so that's why it's news. :)

Larry King asked Andre Agassi who he thought would win the 2006 US Open.

"Umm... that would be Federer, or the guy who beats him. " :)

I watched the Federer-Blake match this morning which of course Federer cruised through. So disgusted with the american crowd/audience in centre court! Cheering when Federer double-faulted or netting the ball??? I know la Blake's from NY... but please show some class ok? Tennis' a classy sport! Gentlemen's sport, remember???

---

IMG_3862

So to cheer myself up, also cheer you guys up, here's another pair of earrings from my collection! This is a delicate pair, and I usually have to tie my hair up to wear them because it's black (cannot see with hair down) and it's so light and can easily get tangled with my hair.

---

And here's a meme I copied off Savante's. It's simple, but I thought it's nice because I get to know the people who do the meme a little better. So here:

3 fav local food
(1) Sarawak laksa!
(2) "Siow bee" with black fungus
(3) "Chau chai hu nan"

3 fav beverages
(1) Coffee
(2) Banana smoothie
(3) Ice lemon tea

3 fav items on McD
(1) Sundae!!!
(2) Double-cheese burger
(3) French fries

3 fav colours
(1) White
(2) Black
(3) Blue

3 dream jobs
(1) Journalist
(2) Photographer
(3) CSI

3 animals I like most
(1) Dog
(2) Cat
(3) Turtle

3 places I must visit in my life
(1) Any one of Africa's national parks for a safari
(2) Attend a finals match at Wimbledon
(3) Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo

3 wishes in life
(1) To have complete and profound happiness!
(2) To be superb and indispensible in my job! :)
(3) To compete in a triathlon!

3 types of people I hate the most
(1) Indecisive
(2) Kiasu
(3) Cruel to animals

3 fav blogs
(1) One that's updated fairly regularly
(2) One that doesn't plagiarize
(3) One with a layout and font that are easy to read

---

Ok people, thanks for bearing with me! Watch out for the women's semifinal matches tonight! Good night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, ur earrings are kewl! shit, wish i ws in msia to buy earrings! can i call them ur maggi earrings?

secondly, good luck with the posting! fingers crossed the fates are kind :)

thirdly, hey if i had 7 kompiahs with meat in them i wud eat them quickly too!

thirdly, hmm i didn't think i wud be so shocked about steve irwin too. it is sad about his family and on his shows he always seems so full of life so now that he's gone it feels weird. good to have a good cry once in a while :)

stay cool dude! can't say much about the tennis cos i dun watch!

hey, the 3 fav blogs u mean mine issit???????????? hahahaha!!!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, if i were u and the whole page went offline after i'd been labouring for an hour plus I WOULD GET BLOODY FRIGGIN PISSSED AS HEELLLLLLLL

sharon said...

you can call them anything you like! earrings here are damn cheap la. my theory: they produced too many and sold them too expensive when they were in fashion... so not many people thought they were worth it... now they are selling some pretty nice looking ones for rm10/- for 3 pairs!

we cool people don't have to worry about them being in fashion or not... we make them in fashion! hehe. :)

psst, psst... yes, your blog is one of my favs... :)

thanks dav! have a great weekend!

savante said...

Chau chai hu nan?! Apa tu!

sharon said...

haha paul!! it's a foochow dish featuring their thick form of beehoon with some kind of bulb (chau chai), giving it a sour taste... nice.... can have it fried dry or with some broth...

let me get some pictures... :)

Blog Archive