Packing is no joke. Just finished with working clothes, bed sheets, pillow case, blanket, towel, jackets, suits, lab coat, pyjamas... that's all. That's one suitcase. Couldn't decide what actually to bring, so I'm bringing almost my entire work wardrobe... 30 shirts, 20 skirts, 5 slacks... that's for work. Brought one set of baju kurung in case need it for some formal function.
But it was a little "sad" packing because I realized I don't have anything new. Mum stopped my buying frenzy quite a while ago. Wait till I start getting my own money... :)
I think I need a new suitcase for my casual clothes, and sports wear. That mum said, wait until I get my letter.
About the letter, a colleague received news that we'll definitely be getting our posting letters next week, and that we would be starting 16 SEPTEMBER. That's a weird date because 16 SEPTEMBER is a Saturday... I don't know lar... whatever. I just want to work!
For those who don't know, I've applied to do my housemanship in either KK or Kuching. SO now I'm waiting for the freaking letter.
Thinking of packing my footwear into a box. That would be better.
Books would be a problem. Initially I thought one textbook for each discipline, but now I think I need extra 10 other books on top of the one for every discipline. :)
Then there's my laptop, my hair dryer, iron, tripod, medical instruments...
And bags! Bringing one knapsack, one sling back for work, one for shopping, one overnight bag for oncalls, swimming and for short trips.
I don't know how I'm going to bring my earrings! I have 50 over pairs! Mum said that I won't be wearing them, so no need to bring, but, but they're my babies! I can't leave them in Kuching!
And my toiletries, OMG. I have 4 huge tubes of sunscreen, and many, many bottles of Body Shop parfume oil and body mist. I sunscreen for face only, 1 for watersports, 1 for daily use, another for prolonged exposure to the sun. Don't ask I also don't know why I do these sort of things.
And most importantly, my documents!
Am I missing out anything?
ALL these... and I'm not even sure where I'm going yet!
Friday, 1 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
-
▼
September 2006
(21)
- Last post before I start a new chapter
- Some more...
- From my Inbox: In memory of Steve Irwin
- Food Fair
- I got these at the Sunday Market!
- I'll miss Kuching food the most
- My first facial
- Updates
- Mixed feelings
- So many pairs, so little time...
- ANNOUNCEMENT
- Blue day
- Sucre is sweet!
- Breakfast
- 2 days
- Presenting Leon!
- A Loooooong Post on My Hair & Earrings
- Waiting, waiting, waiting...
- What a way to go...
- Mundanity
- Packing just in case
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
8 comments:
hmm, tot of freighting some stuff over? *I'm always freightin stuff everywhere, because I'm always travelling across continents* are ur parents helping u move? cos if they are they cud bring some stuff in their car and u cud drive the other car?
im sure u will be wearing those earrings! I tot I wudn't wear mine: wrong!! Only thing I don't wear are rings (cos it's ma huan to take off and when u wash ur hands etc). Earrings really add smth to an outfit, esp if like mine, the outfits are generally boring and in monotone colours (easy to match in the morning: no need to think!)
16th Sept? That's MALAYSIA DAY. Not that it will be a public holiday anyway.
I just hope that whatever you packed will be used. Sometimes we do tend to overpack. :(
if in case you be posted to k.k.,its a matter of adjustment and adaptability.i been posted twice. you got guts, for a lady who cuts up bodies .dont worry,god watch over you if you are posted.:- ahfeiko
yerdeh: mum will fly over to kk with me. got a new suitcase today, size 30, so managed to pack ALL my clothes in one suitcase! amazing! the thing about my earrings are they are mostly dangling ones, so not so appropriate la with ward work... imagine my stethoscope getting caught by my earring??? :) anyways... will still try to bring them over, together with the display unit...
jemima: actually just found out from anothe friend that we can report within 15 days of 16SEPT...
yes, i overpack most of the time, but when it comes to clothes, i do use them... i have an OCD about not wearing the same clothes repetitively over short intervals. :)
ahfeiko: thanks for your words of encouragement!
sharon: :p bring ur fave earrings over. even the dangling ones. bring all ur 'work' earrings over. u never know when u're gonna need them to jazz up an outfit, or spice up a terrible day, or one of those mornings where u havent had enough sleep n need a perk-me-up. :p if u're like me, i accessorise to make myself feel good :D yup, i dress for myself more than for others! hehe... those earrings u don't really use u can bring over in next trip :D besides, KK famous for their pearl earrings in their filipino market. u r gonna get new ones :p trust me :) good luck with the packing :D and the posting!
thanks dida dear! :) will be bringing MOST of them over la... i wear earrings all the time... if i dun i feel naked! :)
Was gonna say the same thing! Where are you doing your posting?
Post a Comment