Who say need big, big, traffic jam-causing celebrations in the city to celebrate being Malaysian to feel patriotic?
---
Bummed also that MY Marcos Baghdatis went down to Andre Agassi in the 2006 US Open 2nd round! How unbelievable! The New York crowd was backing Agassi 100% that night, and was not expecting anything less than a victory from the veteran, who happens to be playing in his last tournament before retirement. It's about time. Nothing against Agassi but I'm soooo upset that Baghdatis' not in the running anymore! So I've decided, for the next 1 and half weeks at least, I'll be supporting and flying red and white for Roger Federer.
---
These 2 tournaments didn't cross path with me for no reason. Here's the situation:
- There were a couple of bad line calls in the Hong Kong Open... players unhappy, officials fought, and linesmen replaced...
- HawkEye, an instant replay device, is used for the first time in a Grand Slam, so this year's US Open. Players can challenge the linesmen and the unpire for a line call twice each set... so if the player turns out right, then they still keep 2 challenges... but if the player is wrong, minus one challenge. Get it?
- But watching both the tournaments I notced something... sometimes the bad calls are witnessed by the opponents... BUT why didn't the opponents say something? Where's the sportsmanship? I mean I've witnessed a few notable atheletes who would give the point to his opponent if he sees that the call against his opponent was wrong. But there are too few.
I've not played competitive tennis for 4 years now, but I was appalled by the lack of spirit of sports competition among the professionals!
And don't get me started with the recent World Cup.
---
Yesterday I discovered that Blogger came up with Blogger (beta)... so I converted because it's easier to use and manage my posts. So I made some subtle changes, but still keeping the template I'm using... not the time for a complete make-over just yet... liking the white background.
I was thinking all having a morgue theme for my blog, but I just can't do it, because I'm not morbid after. :) Now feeling kinda lame with the "coroner" and "scalpels & blades"... but I'll just let it be for a while. Maybe it will grow on me.
---
I'm almost finished packing. Seriously I can't wait to leave home for a while, and see new things and live on my own.
My mum decided to buy the new suitcase for me after all because of the mega sales. Got one, about RM250 after discount, but BIG (size 30)... and I'm happy to note that I think I can just manage ALL my clothes into that ONE suitcase, so very, very happy. :)
Now just have to wait for that letter tomorrow. Savante was asking me where I was going. I'll know by tommorrow or at least Tuesday or Wednesday the latest.
---
I had my hair coloured yesterday! Red something the colour... but my hair looks healthier now because it's darker than my own dull dark brown, that got systematically bleached by my swimming for the past 2 months or so. Now it has that nice shimmering reds under the light. :)
---
Ok, sorry for mundane posts. I think I've been sleeping too much. I usually am inspired by the little, little things around me, but like I said, this excessive holiday is making me stupid and dulling all my senses.
Pray that the postman brings me what I want tomorrow or I'll set the dog on him the next time around!
Cheers!
3 comments:
Well, you don't have to make it all morbid... :) You can have a morgue theme but make it really cool. Kinda like CSI and Tru Calling but with a tinge of Six Feet Under humour - so now you know where to get pics :)
paul
Hey, I want to see your hair. Post your pic, pls. :p
I really really hope you'll get Sabah - then we can hit the beaches together. :p
paul: thanks for ideas! i'm lacking the creativity juice at the moment... and maybe a teeny weeny lazy. :) i'll see what i can make myself do...
jemima: i'll try to take my picture... not cam-whoring these few days because my skin's breaking out!!! :) ehehe... but i promise to shots that can showcase my hair! :) *getting vain* yes, sabah!!!! will definitely let you know when i get my letter!
Post a Comment