Went for my first facial today. Never ever been for one before because I didn't belive in its concept, and I'm not a fan of people poking my face. But it's something mum wanted to do together with me, so I figured okla since I'm leaving soon... some quality time with her was in order.
When the beautician saw my wretched face, she looked like she was on a mission! And she was distressed when I told her that I can't join one of her regime that she recommended because I'm leaving Tuesday. So she insisted that I come back on Sunday, no extra charge, for a follow up.
I don't exactly have acne problem, but I have terribly oily skin with yucky blackheads that look like that coalesced together!
I was embarassed because it took the beautician about an hour just to remove my blackheads! *shy* Then I had this really nice seaweed masque which was really soothing and I think I even dozed off. :)
Oh ya, before the masque, she did peeling and gave me a face massage, and some laser treatment to promote lymphatic drainage. But I was most impressed when she actually delineated my lymph vessel under my right mandible which was blocked. It even felt kinda gritty. She tracked it and massaged passed an enlarged submandibular node. It brought new meaning to lymph node palpation for me because I never palpate that hard and that deeply... so now that I know that it doesn't hurt to palpate that hard, then next time I would palpate that way la, so won't miss any enlargement.
Yay! Learnt something today.
But the head and shoulder massage was damn painful la. I'm sure I have a bruise over my shoulder blades. Will check on the mirror tonight. But I was thinking that it was me, Sharon Chin, superwoman, who's frequently accused of being a masochist, thinking that the massage was painful... and about what women would put themselves through in the name of beauty!
It was even 5 times more painful than when I was getting my tattoo!
Okla, how do I feel after the facial? Definitely more relaxed. Great therapy. Feel like a thick heavy layer was lifted off my face. Backhead density reduced. Face a little more radiant lo. Don't know la, still not very convinced with its benefits... but would go for it anytime just for relaxation... and if complexion improves, it's an extra! :) But it was a little too long... 2 and a half hours!
Cost. Package with mum... about RM150 each, then I bought a set of facial cleanser, toner, some gels... 5 bottles all together for RM155... which would last me about 2 months.
The beautician was explaining to me how to use the product, and even showing me how to use the cotton pad and the direction of application, and I must have looked a bit confused/disturbed/skeptical... so my mum suddenly told her to not mind me... and that I was very "simple".
"Aiyah, you have to explain to her properly because she never used this sort of things. She very simple one."
Then she went on and on about me not bothered to take care of my skin lo, and that I swim too much lo (the beautician gasped!), and spent too much time under the sun lo... :D
Whatever la.
And no make-up for me, she insisted. Actually happy to hear that. So now I have a reason (at least a reason, though not a good one) not to wear la without feeling that guilty for subjecting people to my unmade face. No choice mah.
And she kept on reminding me before we left, "Koolat-koolat sei bin yong he ley cleanser hah.." (direct translation: hardworking hardworking wash face with that cleaser hah)
Yes, I will try. I want to have nice skin for once. :)
Thursday, 14 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
-
▼
September 2006
(21)
- Last post before I start a new chapter
- Some more...
- From my Inbox: In memory of Steve Irwin
- Food Fair
- I got these at the Sunday Market!
- I'll miss Kuching food the most
- My first facial
- Updates
- Mixed feelings
- So many pairs, so little time...
- ANNOUNCEMENT
- Blue day
- Sucre is sweet!
- Breakfast
- 2 days
- Presenting Leon!
- A Loooooong Post on My Hair & Earrings
- Waiting, waiting, waiting...
- What a way to go...
- Mundanity
- Packing just in case
- ► August 2006 (47)
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
2 comments:
I love the massages & I usually fall asleep when the mask is on - very blissful feeling. hehe
I go for my facial once every 3 or 4 weeks. ;)
i'll be looking for a reputable place in kk to have facial once a month! :)
Post a Comment