No letter today. :( I was tempted to write a letter to KKM just now to complain about their incompetency, but thought against it because I realized that I haven't exactly "secured" a job, so I won't want to jeopardize anything... but I have a long memory... one of these days when I have the means and the opportunity, I will not hold anything back.
The disheartening thing yesterday was I heard from a friend who's already been working in QE Hospital in KK for about a month about the living arrangement there. I asked her about the HO quarters there, in the hope of getting a "mental picture" of the place (don't worry, she's an old friend from college, so she knows my quirks)...
She replied by saying the place was "...not very nice... I don't think you would want to stay there... it's not only the quarters, it's the surrounding as well..."
So my friend has already rented an apartment with 2 other colleagues...
Seriously I don't mind a run down place as long as it's safe and clean. It's the convenience that I want. I imagine all those oncalls and also those long days... it beats driving after work, getting stuck in the traffic... at least for my 1st year I really hope to stay within the vicinity of the hospital.
Eventually I would want to get my own place.
Instead of asking her more about what she meant about "not very nice" and whether it was safe and all the questions I would usually ask, I just replied that though it's disheartening to hear it, I would wait for my letter and get back to her.
It's disheartening to hear, but I know I can handle that... one year no problem... if it's totally unacceptable, I'll just try to get a place nearby. Not a problem at all. I still want to go to KK.
I just need to focus on the big picture... Sabah... independence, beautiful beaches and islands, scuba diving, lots and lots of outdoor activities!
That's in fast forward mode. Now back to the present... no letter.
Ok, better stop ranting here. Good night.
4 comments:
hmm, eventho it's disheartening it's only one person's opinion? I mean its not going to be awesome since its hospital accom but like u said as long as clean la. and when u get to know more people there can flat mah. the beginning is always harder :)
dun give up! im sure u'll enjoy KK
The 1st step is always the hardest but I'm sure it's gonna be your step to that journey of a thousand miles.
Chin up! #no punt intended# LOL
I'll always be here for you, my friend.
Odd! Why would you want to work so fast!? Take your time! Relax! Sleep!
You'll be working enough in the future that you'll beg for a resting place :)
Paul
guys, thanks, but i'm not that bummed... just ranting... :) you can say i was prepared a loooong time ago for things like this.
paul's right. i should try to enjoy my hols a little more. not like i've not heard about the horrible working hours and all from my seniors who had started working.
thanks for concern and encouragement... but sometimes i just tend to sound very kolian... so don't worry guys! sometimes can just ignore me... :)
thanks! *hugs*
Post a Comment