Saturday, 9 September 2006

Breakfast

siowbee

I'm so lucky to be born in this lifetime. A lifetime when I can just wake up in the morning and drive to the nearest coffee shop for my favourite siow bee with black fungus.

A most delicate delicacy! Had been having these for ages, but never had I given it much thought!

Just found out online that the black fungus is locally known as kuping tikus and cendawan telinga kera. Also I just found out that siow bee is siu mai. I'll use siow bee eventhough when you google it you get "0" results, unlike siu mai where you get results in hundreds it's probably called that only in Kuching. Because it's my blog. :)

4 comments:

savante said...

Kuping tikus is such a cool name! Just imagine www.kupingtikus.com!

Paul

sharon said...

you are weird paul! :)

Anonymous said...

Looks YUMMY! *salivating*

sharon said...

guranteed YUMMY!

Blog Archive