Friday, 15 September 2006

I'll miss Kuching food the most

Ok la this 2 food items are originally from Sibu, but they are also found wherever foochows dwell, including Kuching. :) These 2 pics were taken at Sin Poh Poh coffee shop at Ban Hock Road here in Kuching.

The chau chai hunan is obviously the dry (fried) variety, but I think the original variety is the wet (soup) one, which I actually prefer, but so happen I was eating the fried one when taking pic.

The tian pian hun is a soupy dish. Note my fav black fungus! The whitish thing is like the kueh in our kueh chap.

Both dish have the signature ingredient of kim chan, or dried lily bulbs which have a nice frangrance and sourish taste. Yummy!

I had my bowl of authentic kuching laksa this morning! Thinking of having kolo mee tomorrow! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

tian pian hu is yum!!!

savante said...

I'm foochow and I haven't seen that ?! Why!

sharon said...

davi: put a bit of red wine in your tian pian hu! super!

paul: you is a very pitiful foochow. :p

Anonymous said...

try the tian pian hu at the corner kopitiam ,next to Fullyin inn (near timberland).its good.

sharon said...

ahfeiko: thanks! i'll try to before i leave on tuesday!

Anonymous said...

ehh!!! near fullyin got foochow food?! aiks! i haven't been home for a long long time!!

paul: are u sarawakian foochow? if u are, it's odd not to know it.....

sharon: U MAKING ME MISS HOME!! I HATES U!!

Blog Archive