Monday, 17 July 2006

Ranting and some more...

Today I'm seriously reconsidering not to attend my convocation. Initially I didn't want to attend because I thought it's just stupid crap ceremony, but because my parents thought it would be nice to go since they didn't attend my sis'... but NOW, I'm so seriously fed-up with the university.

This morning I went to the faculty ot help a friend who's back in Penang to settle an outstanding RM1.20 library fine so she'll be able to attend her convocation. BUT, none of the 3 librarians could issue the receipt for the RM1.20 fine! It had to be one of the 2 other "special" people in the library (and both were not around).

So I have to go back to the faculty tomorrow. Crap. And with the stupid receipt, I have to see another person who would finally give her the clearance to attend her convocation.

Then today, the big issue about paying RM160/- for the convocation through special UNIMAS bank cheques, which the university conveniently forgot to attach together with the all the invitation letters they sent out to hundreds and hundreds of graduates in the country. So many of my collegues throughout the country find themselves in a fix when they make their ways to the nearest RHB bank to buy the cheques, only to be told that they needed the special cheques. Then when they contact the university, they were told that they could use the "usual" cheques then later exchange them at the university treasury to be used for get the robes and for the convo fees.

So up to now, we don't know to settle this problem because the banks refuse to process for us without the special cheques. Whatever.

I so don't need to put myself through all these stupid fuss.

And it's not fun at all this convocation thingy. It's going to be hot like crazy... and I doubt it my mum can walk all the way from the designated carpark to the hall.

My dad was even saying that when the time comes, if my mum can't make it, I'll just have to attend the ceremony myself.

What the hell for???

So better don't go.

Save money, save car petrol... I imagine myself making several trips just to borrow the robe, return the robe, the rehearsals, and then the actual ceremony...

Better use the money for a trip or something. Angie just contacted me... she wants to kayak! So probably can make the trip that convo weekend! And she was saying something about making a trip to Lundu or something... whatever... sounds so much fun than attending the convocation.

If nothing comes out of that, I'll just fly to Miri. There, so simple.

I know I'm ranting, but what I hope from this is after I hit the "Publish Post" button, I'll sleep tight tonight and dream about my swimming today... :) Then tomorrow I'll announce to my parents AGAIN that I won't be going for the convocation.

OK. Ranting stops here.

:)

Did 30 laps again today! Could actually go for a couple more but decided to use the extra energy for skin diving! And I think I finally got the hang of it today. I even did what Alex did the other day while we were snorkeling. He postioned his body vertical head down in the water and feet sticking out of the surface to capture a shot of some some corals at Satang.

Harold said that skin diving after doing laps would help with my "breathing".

I think what he meant was that it was for practicing holding my breath.

But I didn't ask him why particularly only after doing laps. Forgot.

Ok, got to stop here. Need my beauty sleep. Hehe. :)

Oh ya, Brenda's sitting for her PADI Open Water Diver exam tomorrow! Good luck!

Sweet dreams people!

No comments:

Blog Archive