How exhilirating it is to swim under a heavy downpour! And those in Kuching would know that the aftermath was a calm and cool and refreshing evening.
Have some relatives over from Vancouver so busy the whole morning and also tonight, so I decided to go for an afternoon swim, depending on how hot it was. But to my delight (and my mum's relief) it started raining, HARD.
Started driving to the Waterpark at 2.30pm, and almost got into an accident on the way because a lost dog suddenly ran towards my car in the middle of the road. Visibility was already poor, on top of my super-duper astigmatism.
In the split second trying to avoid the doggie, I was deciding whether to do an acute change of lane or just step on the break.
I decided to step on the break, just missing the doggie, but my car made a 90 degree swerve to the side of the road.
Immediately I felt that it was sooo cool, but when it hit me, I thought I was damn lucky not to be hurt or something.
So I just thanked God and continued my journey to the waterpark, where I had the best swim EVER in my life!
The rain hitting my head and my torso everytime I surfaced for a breath, and today I did 30 continuous laps! Usually I break the laps into 10-10-10, with each pit stop for breathing exercise 6-10 times.
Yesterday I did 20-10, so today I did 30 solid! But I guess towards the end, I did lose a little of the breast stroke form because my lowerlimbs were getting kinda weak.
But it's the physical challenge that's so exciting, pushing my body beyond what I never thought I could do.
I'm sure season swimmers can go 50-80 laps without any strain. Striving for that in the near future...
I better swim as much as I can these few days before that time of the month comes. ;)
Yay, I'm famished after the swim but tonight Japanese buffet at Crowne Plaza! Yummy!!!
Cheers!
Wednesday, 19 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
-
▼
July 2006
(28)
- Ear job
- *drool*
- Surprise birthday party
- It's "lesung" and what?
- New campus
- A visit to Mama's
- Baby dentition
- Hormones vs. Willpower
- Summary
- Swimming in the rain!
- More cuties
- Ranting and some more...
- Beautiful Sunday!
- New swimsuit & the stupid black butterfly
- The joy of learning to swim
- PADI certified!
- Breaststroke
- Nudibranch and new swimming watch
- Fringe benefits
- Pictures from 2nd open dive!
- Ginger Boy
- Cuteness!
- eeww...
- The square hat
- Just for fun!
- Fight club
- Overdose on antihistamine
- Sore toe
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
2 comments:
Way to go!
But be more careful driving tho...d almost accident definitely NOT cool. Did my exam, passed, am now certified diver! But stil very not confident abt my skills.
congrats bren! haiyah, don't worry too much... that's why ernest said it takes 10-20 dives before we are like really "natural"... :)
Post a Comment