Monday, 10 July 2006

Nudibranch and new swimming watch

The corals wanted to make sure that I won't forget the whole scuba diving experience by giving me lots of rash, whealing and scratch marks, with the most unbelievable pruritus in the whole wide world, which was of course my fault because I clumsily landed on them (oops) or brushed against them. And need I mention the the psoriasis-like skin-peeling?

But I need not worry...

Loratidine is a wonderful drug. Kept me very happy the whole day today. Minus the sedation.

I would never forget my first encounters with all those beautiful and vibrant fish and corals. Lots of nemos (but apparently there are 5 types of nemo-like fish which I can't really differentiate now...)

Even saw a cream and chocolate nudibranch! But the funny thing was when I saw it when a fellow diver pointed it out to me, I was thinking it looked so yummy! Just like oreo cheese cake! Hehe. :)

We even saw a huge lobster hiding inside a crevice... I thought it was huge and I was a little scared but the other divers later told me that it was actually very juvenile. Remember 33% magnification under water...

But no close encounters with the elusive green turtles. I seriously need to make another trip to Satang soon.

*happy* *happy* *happy*

So happy that a highly unreliable friend did not not dampen my spirits. The hell with the so-called friend.

*happy* *happy* *happy*

I'm taking my final scuba exam (written) this Wednesday. Ernest said that it would be easy. Just out of curiosity I asked what would happen if I failed the paper. He said no problem, they have a Set B. :)

Funny. That means I won't leave the Kuching Scuba Diving Centre without my license this Wednesday. Or anybody for that matter. Hehe.

Will go for a swim tomorrow morning at Stampark because I decided to skip today because of my rather volatile skin condition, but decided too that tomorrow I must resume with my "regime" or else I might lose the momentum.

Met Adeline last night at Satok. She was telling me about her horse-riding adventure... then she commented that I didn't look as dark as she expected! (One of the main reasons why she decided not to join Brenda and I for scuba diving was because she was scared of the "scary sun").

Crazy (or blind)! Maybe I don't look hardcore African... but I'm well-toasted bread, which makes my face look blotchy and oily. And I won't be able to wear pink lip colour for a while.

Anyways, I was at Satok because I wanted to get a water-resistant watch (hence, a "swimming watch"). I found it quite a hassle to climb out of the pool repetitively just to keep track of the time.

And thanks to the silly (not so silly after all) "World Cup" promotion, I got quite a bargain for Casio 50m water-resistant digital.

The interesting thing about this watch is that I can actually use it to calculate pulse rate just like an analog watch because of one of its unique feature (which can be located of the upper left corner. It's a medical student thing. :)

watch

I even slept with it last night. Hehe. :)

Ok. Better key off now. Need sleep for swim tomorrow.

p/s: I've decided to revamp my links. No offence to those I removed. :) Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your final scuba exam!
I'm sure you'll excel.

sharon said...

thanks dear. :)

Blog Archive