Some of the questions for PADI open water diver test were kinda ambiguous and kinda dumb.
Ernest said that the instructors have been debating over some of the questions like for ages.
But anyways I still aced the paper! And finished it like in less than 30mins. Hehe. Bren, no worries, so easy that you'll be kinda disturbed doing it.
It's more like an English test because they twist and play around with words.
:)
So now where do I go from here? I need lots of money to make as many diving trips as possible. Ernest said that 10-20 dives would suffice before I'm fully confident and skillful...
!!! Quite expensive lor.... each dive about RM150...
Then I was thinking of getting my own fins and mask and snorkel.... those are definitely in my priority list because I can go snorkeling with them if I don't dive, and the fins would be great for my swimming.
Fins about RM250 (the one I'm eyeing, the price range is huge)...
Snorkels about RM100...
Mask about RM150...
*sigh* Can't wait to be earning money...
But I try not to contemplate too much... when the time comes, I just know everything will work out. :)
I was looking at some websites on swimming techniques and realized that my breaststroke is FAARRRRR from ideal... eek.
I even downloaded a video of Liesel Jones swimming the breaststroke in the Sydney Olympics to see how the pros are doing it.
Her head and shoulders are so much higher near the surface. And then she doesn't do any extra kicking after the glide.
So I was cheating. Heh.
Nevermind, tomorrow I'll ask Howard my swim instructor to correct whatever stroke I've been doing into breaststroke. :)
BTW, anyone knows where I can get nice swimsuits/bikinis in Kuching?... so far Parkson has the most choice but I'm not very impressed with the selection...
I so want to go to KL for the mega sales! *cry*
Ok. Got to stop here. Heena's on... don't laugh.... got hooked to the soap because of mum.
Good night!
Wednesday, 12 July 2006
PADI certified!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
-
▼
July 2006
(28)
- Ear job
- *drool*
- Surprise birthday party
- It's "lesung" and what?
- New campus
- A visit to Mama's
- Baby dentition
- Hormones vs. Willpower
- Summary
- Swimming in the rain!
- More cuties
- Ranting and some more...
- Beautiful Sunday!
- New swimsuit & the stupid black butterfly
- The joy of learning to swim
- PADI certified!
- Breaststroke
- Nudibranch and new swimming watch
- Fringe benefits
- Pictures from 2nd open dive!
- Ginger Boy
- Cuteness!
- eeww...
- The square hat
- Just for fun!
- Fight club
- Overdose on antihistamine
- Sore toe
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)

8 comments:
Congrats to Sharon, a PADI certified mermaid. ;)
thanks amelia! :)
Congrats Sharon!
Hmmm it's much cheaper to kayak then! After paying for the equipment, that's it!
thanks francis!
i think they're about the same cost... the boats must cost you a fortune!
i'll definitely still go for the rainforest trip before i start work... :)
won't miss it!
cheers!
HI sharon,
It's me again. I'm home, after away for so long. Being home is good. Now suddenly everything about Malaysia seems good!
Hey I am happy that u're a PADI diver now. hehe! yes, I must say that if you have a bit of physics and english you can definitely pass the PADI open water written exams. I have my own snorkel, mask, booty and fins. But I think in the pools, you can't really use fins coz may hurt other people. So now that I have 2 years of surface interval, my personal gears are all hibernating in the shelve! hehe! If you're planning for regular dives you can get the snorkel, mask & finS! :)
Nudibranch is one of my favourite underwater! Have you spotted any porcupine fish? haha! those big eyes are my favourites too. Diving in Sipadan is fantastic. Hope one day we can dive together!
meanwhile, take care! Enjoy remaining holidays.... I think midvalley Metro has quite a good selection of swim wear and bikinis. hehe!
chris!!! missing you so much!!! welcome home!!! :)
yeah, my swimming instructor said that diving fins not suitable for swimming in the pool... need training fins for that purpose.
i prefer the full foot fins, more comfy. but of course i know the advantages of the adjustable strap type...
no luck with porcupine fish yet... lots of clown anemonefish and damselfish... and the rest i can't ideintify yet. :)
now my goal is to dive around kuching as much as possible... to be more familiar with the scene here....
ok girl, you take care too... see you in about 3 weeks time!
Hey Sharon,
hehe glad u are swimming and diving a lot!!!! Hey Sharon, I just knew from Janet my name was in the graduation list, which I did not intend to go... hmmm... weird. I have emailed Dr Haizal that I am not going but dunno why my name was in it... weird.
anyway, i am kinda disturbed, gotta go to delete it. hehe!
Miss u too!
Love,
Christina
chris: how come you didn't get the email? it's forwarded to everyone in the mailing list. when i saw your name i thought you wanted to go, and i also wondered that why if you're going, connie wasn't... :) dunno la.. just don't feel like it. the convo thingy ok la to me up with you guys... the dinner have to see some of the lecturers' faces... and i think it's going to be kinda lame.
Post a Comment