My Baghdatis is sizzling on the court! Currently outplaying Hewitt. :) I want to marry Baghdatis! Hehe. ;)
My parents and I have been playing mind games these couple of days. They know I don't want to attend my convocation, but they want to, but they didn't want to insist.
I was telling them it's going to be damn hot and even more boring and that mum has to walk quite a distance to the yucky hall and all...
I gave up today and finally thought that if it gives them so much pleasure to see me dorn the vampire robe, then I owe them that much to oblige.
But it's going to cost RM160! Would rather use that money for something else... like buying a pair of fins... :) Or go kayaking...
As soon as I said that I would go, my dad quickly suggested that we go for studio pictures. ARRGGHHH.
Anyways...
Finally completed our knowledge review with Ernest, our scuba instructor this afternoon. He's in a perky mood today... I thought he had some pressure of speech, but I guess it's passion. Passion for for diving and the underwater world.
It sort of rub off a little on me. I'm feeling very excited and interested to learn about marine life... and after our discussion about the "science" of scuba diving, I'm determined to be more "informed".
I guess I liked his approach. Whether he was sincere or not, I was impressed with his take on what scuba diving was all about. The big picture.
It comes with appreciation, awareness and responsibility. He's hoping that we would be much more than just divers.
On our very first descend/dive last Sunday, we landed on some sea grass, which didn't seem very attractive at first. I was more concerned about the visibility (which was only about 1m) and the current.
But when we ascended, Ernest was so excited about the grass! He said that it was seasonal, and when on and on about the small fish and some other plants.
It hit me that I was not getting it.
BTW, won't be going to Talang-talang after all this weekend. No boats available until next month according to Ernest. So heading to Satang again. No big deal. I didn't quite get enough of Satang the other day.
Hoping to get my buoyancy issue fixed. For some reason, I couldn't stay down the other day. Ernest thought it should be fixed by adding some extra weights.
Other than that, I'm just waiting to be able to dive more freely and start exploring for real, meaning not having to worry about not drifting away from the instructor and worrying about performing the skills and all.
One thing I learnt about myself during the dive was that I was very uptight after all. :) Very funny. I was fooling myself that I was letting everything go and relax, but the truth was I was TRYING too much to relax. Note the keyword TRYING.
That would be my greatest challenge. Because everything about me is hasty and abrupt and very gross motor.
Ok. Better key off here. Oh ya, Wendy got her posting in KK and Jane in Tawau! Very, very happy! I can feel KK in my grasp... :)
Thursday, 6 July 2006
The square hat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
-
▼
July 2006
(28)
- Ear job
- *drool*
- Surprise birthday party
- It's "lesung" and what?
- New campus
- A visit to Mama's
- Baby dentition
- Hormones vs. Willpower
- Summary
- Swimming in the rain!
- More cuties
- Ranting and some more...
- Beautiful Sunday!
- New swimsuit & the stupid black butterfly
- The joy of learning to swim
- PADI certified!
- Breaststroke
- Nudibranch and new swimming watch
- Fringe benefits
- Pictures from 2nd open dive!
- Ginger Boy
- Cuteness!
- eeww...
- The square hat
- Just for fun!
- Fight club
- Overdose on antihistamine
- Sore toe
- ► April 2006 (21)
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)

4 comments:
Am now torn between KL and going diving wif u this weekend. Hehe.. :)
Hv lotsa fun! n hope you get up close n personal to a turtle!
hey just enjoy kl and singapore! will probably dive with u again when you get back... :)
I've always wanted to try scuba diving but I never seem to find the time (or place... unless I decide to scuba dive the infamous drains of KL). I also think another reason that's holding me back is because of those horror movies they made about the sea (you have the classic "Jaws"... 'nuff said).
was told by instructor that sharks are just territorial... if meet them, just stay low and swim away from their territory... i've done snorkerling with baby sharks in redang and they were adorable! but don't know how i'd feel/react when i actually meet a jaws-size one... :) exciting!
i honestly think it's better to die eaten by a shark then to die in a motor vehicle accident. :)
Post a Comment