Tuesday, 11 July 2006

Breaststroke

100m breaststroke world record - 1:05.71

My personal best - 4:07.31

LOL! :D

Initially I was very disturbed when I clocked a disgusting 2:45 for only 50m. Then I tried harder and that got reduced to a 1:55! So I knew that it was possible... just need to persevere a little more...

Then I bumped into my swimming instructor and asked him to correct my technique when I meet him for my 3rd lesson on Thursday.

"Just kick-glide-breathe!" he started showing me how to do a proper breaststroke.

Currently I'm just doing what I saw other swimmers were doing in the other lanes... I think some of them were not doing it right though... one fat man looked like a lazy frog doing the breaststroke.

That's what I've been doing the whole morning at Stampark. I'm pretty good at amusing myself!

I ended up swimming 20 solid laps! And not tired at all! Cool...

I was thinking while showering in the cubicle with only plastic curtains (aiks) that this was the life I wanted.

I want to have a steady job, and the the time to myself after to do the things I like, like swimming for the moment. :) It could be mountain biking, jet skiing, para sailing, whatever it doesn't matter.

Then I treated myself to sashimi bento for lunch for a good morning. :)

I love my life right now. Or is it just the extended holiday? I can't wait to start work and all... but I'm afraid of what I can't possibly imagine to expect.

Uptight? Maybe.

When I'm not in the pool, I'm feeling so uncomfortable with the heat. Wish I have my own pool. Next time I'll build myself a single-lane 50m pool. Cool.

Ok. Want to shower (again). Then I should actually do some revision for my exam tomorrow yes?

Cheers!

2 comments:

waddafak said...

I used to represent my school in swimming.

These days i tend to glide gently against the water since my belly does not exactly compliment the previous drag defying body i USED to have. Yes, very Sad.

Actually, come to think of it a struggling whale comes to mind.

I always laugh at myself.

sharon said...

no worries. at least you're still gliding. :)

that's why i'm swimming so hard now... have my own blubber to be rid off!

cheers!

Blog Archive