I won't say that the papers were easy today (even though in mind I thought I breezed through them....) I was just delusional about being prepared and all. I was rushing through each and every sheet just to get things over and done with.
.
And now I'm happy. Now 3 weeks of study leave before my professional on 8 MAY.
.
I would be even happier today if Dr. T didn't again make an issue about my weight in front of the whole class. He's like a special consultant just on picking me on my weight, even though I can name at least 3 other poeple in the class who are easily heavier than me... Today he was like saying, "Sharon, would must really lose weight... if you can't do it now, it would be harder when you're 30 or 40..."
.
I used to make myself think that he's just being thoughtful and nice (and maybe just genuinely concerned about me getting a coronary or something...) but now I think he's rather irritating. Let me count. I think this is easily the 40th or 50th time he's announced to the public that I have a weight problem. Then after wards, in the privacy of his office, he was saying, "Sharon, you must try to lose weight, you're a good student."
.
Huh? You mean being 10kg lighter would help me pass my professional with flying colours? Or is it that I would have been even a better student if I had been 20kg lighter?
.
I sure hope that it's not his English that's "cacated" at that moment.
.
*sigh* Obviously despite what people preach and advocate these days, people are still being judged for the appearance, not their substance.
.
To them, fat = lazy, no life, saponified brain, hypothyroid
.
Honestly I know I have a weight problem. I have known since before puberty. I have known since I couldn't wear many store-bought clothes like my other friends in school. I know because I've been subjected to cruel remarks as a teenage. I know because strangers would describe me as the "fat girl". I know because I don't remember having too many social invites in school. So I know.
.
Yeah, even today, a very stupid colleague of mind even said that I needed a liposuction when Dr. T was broadcasting about my weight problem in class. I was a little disappointed because I thought I've left behind those people in school. But I guess I can forgive him because he's after all resident barbarian. When he opens his mouth you would immediately think of kolo mee seller. So I guess I have to cut him some slack.
.
But I guess the question I should be addressing is when I'm going to do something, seriously do something about by weight. I'm not getting any younger.
But I guess the question I should be addressing is when I'm going to do something, seriously do something about by weight. I'm not getting any younger.
.
.
Sometimes I wish my life is simpler. Like Jelly's, where fat = cute, and everyone wants to hug you.



4 comments:
Hi Sharon, I feel sorry for you that Dr T has been repeating this publicly and now it sounds more like an insult than sincere concern. I think it has become his habit or a way to strike up a conservation with you. YOu know everytime he sees me, the first thing that he says is 'so how's your sister doing? is she still practising defensive medicine?' (since i told her MEl is pratiscing defensive medicine after so mnay things happening in SP hospital) I guess it's just him and his programmed brain on what to say to which student everytime he sees them. In no time, you won't be seeing him again. But yes, I also hope we can all be fit and healthy and let's work on in in the holidays after the professional exams! Gambate! Take Care... happy easter day! :P
Don't be feel sorry. I'm not. I get even! :) When my turn comes, when my turn comes... thanks anyway!
I really liked the way you handled Dr T's criticism (even the way you initially rationalised that she was being helpful). I think people nowadays tend to get angry and lash out immediately, but you didn't do that. Hats off for the graceful way you took the whole thing. I put it down to you being confident and happy about yourself, as you should be!
You guys are sooo nice... thanks! *hugs*
Post a Comment