Monday, 17 April 2006

The Ugly Duckling who became a Bitchy Swan

Day 1 of my final preparation for my coming professional exam. Fortunately found myself a group and we examined some cases in the wards. Though I was quite unprepared after such an indulgent week, I felt quite motivated to pick up again. So that's a good start.

Oh yes, results are out, everyone passed! I was sooo happy when I accidentally ran into a group of colleagues in the faculty all looking eagerly at the temporary noticeboard. York Tien was the first person I spoke to there. The first thing he said to was, "Everybody passed! Even Medicine posting!" So that's really great... what a great way to end final year, and it's such a boost to our confidence facing the final professional.

So congratulations to all my colleagues! Just one more hurdle people, just one more....

Subconsciously even though I didn't care so much about my Surgery results (because I know I'd pass anyways) but I guess just knowing the the results were out and all and that everyone passed, I'm so physiologically relieved... what do I mean? You see, I'm "late" 3 weeks. And what do you know, it's "hello!" after dinner...

Maybe I should attribute it to my little jogging/brisk walking in Reservoir Park just now. I was falling asleep during study in my faculty so I decided to go for a run at around 3.30pm! Yes, when it was still kinda HOT. But luckily a huge cloud sort of covered the lake area when I got there... so I ran a little.... couldn't complete the whole round, so decided to continue with brisk walking... and I was actually walking faster than some of the old men who looked like they were jogging, you know with the bouncy action. Ok, ok, they were old...

No, there were no hunks, Adeline. She asked me whether I saw any hunks in the park. Only very old men. Sorry. Come to think of it, I wonder why she asked me when she's been jogging there since she knew how to run. Has she ever spotted any guy who could possibly be close being a hunk? If yes, she's never shared it with me. Hmm....

Oh yes, actually my true inspiration for this entry is this. Met someone today whom when I first met her, I thought she was this super duper nerd, yes wearing glasses, with questionable taste in clothes and shoes, carried a weird looking canvas bag and a huge bottle of water, etc, you know, the works of a nerd. I actually felt pity for her, even tried being nice to her (but she was too suspicious of me)... she was always complimenting on my clothes and all, and always asking me stuff about some other girls we both mutually knew.... she even asked favours from me for a variety of things...

Ok, let's cut this short. I have to say that's she's turned out pretty nicely. I think she's found a fashion idol or something... but I just don't understand why she's such a snob nowadays. She's only making eye contacts with the guys, and she doesn't even say hi anymore.... and just now, when I greeted her, she gave me this very unfriendly look. Never seen that. Scary. She just nodded with her partially rolled eyeballs and proceeded to talk to the guys around me. Sheesh.

I thought she gave me a look that said, "Hey, you're not good enough for me to say hi."

I was taken a aback. So it's true what people have been saying about her. She's turned into a bitchy swan.

Guys may find this weird... but I guess it's a girl thing.

So anyways, she can fuck herself. The only thing is that it's probably my fault for trying to befriend her the last time. Maybe she saw through that I pitied her, so this is her way of revenge.

Ah well, thanks for the inspiration for this entry! *hugs* NOT!

I can be very bitchy too.

Ok, better stop here. Want to finish up reading the cases I saw in the wards today.

Bonne nuit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U'd be surprised how many ppl are like the bitchy swan in the world! Prolly she was scared that if she spoke to you that u'd wanna 'steal' her admirers off her (since she was always complimenting you and asking your advice on stuff in the first place!).

Haha, kinda lame but kinda funny too!

sharon said...

i almost died today when she gave me a huge (and very fake) smile!

Blog Archive