Easter, for the past 8 years has been like CNY, Christmas and Cap Goh Mei, very festive and lots of merry-making and eating. I just don't see the purpose and worse, I don't know where to even start to appreciate it. I find it difficult to proclaim, "He's risen from the dead! Alleluai!". So I keep to my very safe "Happy Easter" and "Blessed Easter". I don't know what's gotten into me really. It's like I'm being rebellious, resistant and maybe even phobic.
2 possibilities.
1, I'm disgusted by hypocrites. 2, I'm one of those hypocrites.
I rarely feel comforted by being conscious of my faith. Instead, I always feel tested (which everyone said I should be feeling), tired (because it's like a constant mental anguish) and it has made me very judgemental of everything and everyone around me.
And I never get real answers. All I get is floaty, heavenly things, fluffy, cottonwool cloud ideas of how I should live and face the world. I just don't get.
The horrendous thing about all these are that at the end of the day, I feel terribly guilty, like I've sinned terribly. And I ask myself why is God testing me such? What is His purpose? Isn't all the anguish I'm going through planned by God? Because "He knew me even when I'm in my mother's womb"?
When I pray, I try to visualize God before me, and I would start talking to Him... is that right? How should one pray?
Then when I vow to be nice to somebody who's been very hurtful, but halfway thought that if I let that person continue to be hurtful, am I not commiting a sin because I let that person continue to be a ****, instead of giving him/her a piece of my mind in the hope that he/she would change?
Then someone who say that "It depends..." Yes, it depends. Life has soooo many variables. Who said life was simple?
So that's why I'm confused... isn't our faith supposed to help us make sense of our lives, giving us directions, giving us cues once in a while to assure us that we're doing ok?
Despite all that I've said, my heart yearns for the time when my faith was simple, when I didn't question too much, when I wasn't very curious. When in my heart I was sure that I'm doing right, when I'm going the best direction.
I wish I can have that once again.
Maybe I should ask God tonight whether I derserve that again.
Sunday, 16 April 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
-
▼
April 2006
(21)
- Taking a sabbatical
- Soft shell crab at Oriental Cafe
- It just dawned on me
- Try boxing
- A Birthday Tribute
- Some
- Happiness is a habit
- Connie the Puppy
- Day 2
- The Ugly Duckling who became a Bitchy Swan
- Easter triggered an upheaval
- I didn't kiss the cross
- Happy by myself
- Taking a break
- The Lipid Issue
- Palm Sunday, PMLE & Surgery Long Case
- Canon Ixus 60: Bringing cam-whoring to a whole new...
- Feline tiff
- I made Pheobe puked
- Study frenzy, photo-taking frenzy, frenzy.
- My new toy!
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
No comments:
Post a Comment