Saturday, 8 April 2006

Feline tiff

Started my first day of surgery exam with short case and OSCE yesterday. I was very fortunate to get a patient with Grave's disease and another with a dermoid cyst on his foot, so I would say I did ok because I don't recall making any major mistakes or opened my mouth without making any connections with my brain.

Let me quote Dr. Pubalan, the infamous dermatologist in SGH, "Make sure your brain is connected before opening your mouth!" I will always remember his words of wisdom.

Anyways... OSCE was a mixed bag... I didn't know what the abdominal X-ray was showing... I couldn't believe Dr. John chose such a weird X-ray for exam... it wasn't intestinal obstruction, gas under diaphragm, acute pancreatitis... but again ... hehe.., I did purposely skip one of his lessons... :) There also some stations that I just couldn't answer very well...

Kai Chin said that for the orthopaedic stations we only needed to know 10 topics, but surprise, surprise, only ONE came out, DDH I think.... No Colles, no Gallezi's, no torticollis, no septic arthritis, no osteosarcoma.... Luckily I didn't find it very difficult. Phew.

Anyways, I'm so over it now... just have to focus on my long case on Monday and then my theory papers on Wednesday.

After I got home yesterday after the exam, there was a little comotion in my driveway.... Remember "Parasite"? Yes, he's still around... He scratched my bedroom window last night trying to persuade me to let him in. Anyways, Jelly spotted him yesterday, unfortunately for "Parasite".

Jelly spots "Parasite"... she balloons up steadily...

She makes her move...


Takes her cover... assumes ambush position...

"Parasite" has no idea what he's facing...

Jelly actually ran him down into the drain... he got all wet and yucky because of Jelly... don't mess around with Jelly, who's Miss Piggy's daughter from next door.... the 16-year-old cat @ witch...


I thought it was pretty cute, the little feline tiff... and was busy showing the pics to my parents and sis... then I started telling Pheobe about it too....

I swear she actually roled her eyes on me! Bitch.

Good luck in your exams!

No comments:

Blog Archive