Haha! My friend Chris was so sweet that she asked whether I wanted to be "set up" with a guy, because she knew someone, who knew him well... I think because I led her and some friends to believe that I had this HUGE crush on him. But I explained to her that to me crushes are just crushes, you know. Not a soul would know that I really have the hots a guy because it's just my style. If I go on and on about a guy openly, it's just a crush. I can go on and on for years and years liking a guy without anyone knowing it. That's just me, though it doesn't sound very intelligent, yes?
Crushes are exciting, but love is sacrificial, in good way (but not the Godly or religious way, k). I feel humble and selfless when I'm in love. I don't get silly or bimboish when I'm in love. I get to be that when I have a crush. When I'm in love, things a very sane and respectful and I learn stuff about myself, what I'm capable of doing, the worst and best of me. It may not sound very exciting or even conventional, but I guess I'm not such a wild-child at heart that I've imagined myself to be. I'm probably just very plain after all. :)
So when I was replying her mail, I realized that I'm not in love with anyone at the moment. Not even interested in anyone... :) I've come to this point in life when I'm just very comfortable being by myself. Happy by myself. When I think about my near future, I see myself living my dreams, like watching Federer play on Rod Laver arena, joining Medecins Sans Frontieres, joining a safari, traveling, writing, being this hotshot forensic specialist... :)
Anyways, thanks for the thought.
Friday, 14 April 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2013
(1)
- ► April 2013 (1)
-
►
2011
(3)
- ► February 2011 (3)
-
►
2010
(6)
- ► February 2010 (1)
- ► January 2010 (3)
-
►
2009
(23)
- ► November 2009 (3)
- ► March 2009 (4)
- ► February 2009 (6)
- ► January 2009 (8)
-
►
2008
(84)
- ► December 2008 (5)
- ► November 2008 (15)
- ► October 2008 (12)
- ► September 2008 (12)
- ► August 2008 (2)
- ► April 2008 (4)
- ► March 2008 (6)
- ► January 2008 (5)
-
►
2007
(43)
- ► December 2007 (2)
- ► November 2007 (3)
- ► October 2007 (3)
- ► September 2007 (2)
- ► April 2007 (3)
- ► March 2007 (3)
- ► February 2007 (5)
- ► January 2007 (9)
-
▼
2006
(265)
- ► December 2006 (7)
- ► November 2006 (6)
- ► October 2006 (5)
- ► September 2006 (21)
- ► August 2006 (47)
-
▼
April 2006
(21)
- Taking a sabbatical
- Soft shell crab at Oriental Cafe
- It just dawned on me
- Try boxing
- A Birthday Tribute
- Some
- Happiness is a habit
- Connie the Puppy
- Day 2
- The Ugly Duckling who became a Bitchy Swan
- Easter triggered an upheaval
- I didn't kiss the cross
- Happy by myself
- Taking a break
- The Lipid Issue
- Palm Sunday, PMLE & Surgery Long Case
- Canon Ixus 60: Bringing cam-whoring to a whole new...
- Feline tiff
- I made Pheobe puked
- Study frenzy, photo-taking frenzy, frenzy.
- My new toy!
- ► March 2006 (7)
- ► February 2006 (50)
- ► January 2006 (26)
-
►
2005
(76)
- ► December 2005 (29)
- ► November 2005 (39)
- ► October 2005 (8)
2 comments:
Sharon...
not gonna say that you should fall in love...not going to be that condenscending...gonna be a friend...
It's hard to find the right one...but nothing good ever comes easy...so yes take your time...and you are smart to evaluate your crushes because infatuations isn't love....
but somehow if you don't mind me saying so...sometimes I feel you are afraid of love...
I am very in love and feel very blessed...pixie is right beside me now...she's doing her work...i am here at her house cheering her on...it's 3.06am. Her final's next week.Her father checks in on us every now and then...he's quite a funny fella...you should hear the story of how he freaked out when we slept in the same room the other day! :P her dad said boy and girl cannot sleep in the same room...you cannot control in the heat of the moment...truth of the matter...Just slept...fully clothes...different mattress...no heat...
so yeah...take your time,find the right guy you deserve but don't be afraid of love and a hotshot spinster forensic specialist...
Cheers and jump for joy friend...for someone has died to take away our sins!!!!!!
*here's pixie trying to avoid work* z: not true, just wanna be friendly and say hi. saw your pic. linus say u're fat,i dont think so... ( L: no I didn't...well maybe i did but I mean't it in a loving way :P)
B home first week of may friend...meet up?
Linus
hey you 2. thanks for dropping by. no worries. :) what can i do except to see what He has in store for me ya. i'm not worried. in fact, despite my whining and more whining, i realize that i'm quite happy. i know i'll be very happy after my finals next month. hehe. :)
zhiling, good luck in your finals next week!
linus, see what happens then. i'll be having my exam starting 8 may. give me a call when you're back.
you 2, zhiling's dad is right. :)it's not "manis" for a boy and girl
to sleep in the same room! :) hahah!
Post a Comment