Thursday, 20 April 2006

Connie the Puppy

Today (technically, yesterday, it's 1am+) was Obstetrics day, and though I spent more time than I initially allocated for today's revision, I still didn't finish the intended topics. I find myself day-dreaming intermittently. *sigh* About what I'll be doing in KK and all. Silly huh?

Then I thought maybe I just needed a break. So I drove myself to my fav sushi bar and had my fav salmon sushi! I don't care about the mercury poisoning issue. Since it accumulates slowly, and since I've decided that I want to die happy. Then I bought myself a new top. Yippie!

While waiting for my dad to pick me from the faculty, I was siting at the lobby, and staring outside (it's my way of ignoring the passing people around) I suddenly heard someone walking behind me said "Hello!". It was Dr. M. Then he asked me about my preparations for exam and all, you know small talks. But I always find talking to him amusing because for some reason, he has quite a number of admirers among the girls in my group. :) I remember his name always came up in the class and in the side rooms in the wards while waiting for bedside teachings. And the girls would be teasing him with another colleague of mind. It's not very hard to see what's going on. They are kinda jealous of her because she's a looker and anyone (including Dr. M) would find themselves "drawn" to her. Hehe. He's a nice lecturer, young, and he treats us like friends, and he's always cracking jokes and laughing. I've never seen him angry yet. But unfortunately he's not good-looking, a tad of nerdiness... (and I personally find his jokes sometimes kinda lame, but it's his disposition that's so pleasant).

So my point is: It's refreshing to see smart girls (my friends la) going for personality. Jocks with pea brain, move along.

I like him because he's soooo patient with the students, putting up with all our crap. Never angry I repeat. I would like him if he had shown some anger or irritation with us. He's tooooo nice for my liking.



I have this little addiction to the black Hacks sweets. I can easily pop 4-5 a day. That's why I carry toothbrush and toothpaste in my bag. Rcently I was told that this particular sweet contain caffeine. That's why.

The morning group discussion was canceled because Adrian overslept. :) So we went over to his place in the evening instead to practice some physical examination. I was glad with the arrangement because I get to see his new puppy!

Isn't she a darling? Her name's Connie. Mun Foo was lying through his teeth when he said that the name wasn't inspired by our colleague Connie. Heheh. Silly. Anyways... she was hyper and was running around like a cockroach. Brought her a rawhid in the shape of a rugby ball, and I think she loved it. :) Gave her many kisses too. But she's too skinny to hug. Maybe in a couple of months time she would be more huggable. And she was rearranging my face with her tongue.

Was surprised to see Raj very into her. Maybe it's my first time seeing him with an animal... so I'm glad. I always get a warm tingling feeling meeting another animal lover. For Raj it's kinda like a relief because I've known him for quite a while and it would devastating if he didn't like animals. BTW, this is Raj, my Tamil language teacher. Kalivanekem Raj!


I was so into the practice just now that I forgot to take some shots of the group in action. It was kinda fun, and I thought really good because there were some serious, serious players in the group. Learnt a lot, but also realized that I don't know a lot. Wake-up call.

Better stop here. Bonne nuit!

4 comments:

Perky said...

Hi Sharon! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day =)

Eh what's this lah about mercury poisoning and salmon sushi?! Nooooooooo!!!!! Why is it that all the good stuff seem to have bad side effects? *sigh*

The puppy is absolutely adorable. I love puppies... that is until they grow bigger and start to think i'm some sort of toy for them to bite and chase. hehehe.

Hey you go to Unimas right? Hmm... you might know my dad, but then again, I don't think you're doing what he's doing.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha.... Wonder how does Connie feel if she reads this? today's entry is totally related to her. I think I know who this Dr M is. *smirk*

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon. You know today I was wondering it would be so nice to have a pet. blah. I am just so lazy to have any pet. Rather not torture any creature u know hehe

sharon said...

perky, the mercury poisoning of salmon thingy was in the papers couple of weeks ago... the news brought sushi bar business in the US to standstill for a couple of days... but nothing really came out of it... so i sort of asked a doctor about it, and he said that there's no cure for mercury poisoning. you just die when it gets accumulated enough. so i guess it's like the smoking issue. :)

coralfish, yalor the boys in adrian's house so cacated... naming the puppy connie... they were laughing about it and tried to cover up saying that it's not inspired by our connie. just look at it this way... they want to have a reminder of her around in the house... :)

himu, i totally agree. if you can't commit time and love to your pet, NEVER keep them.

Blog Archive