Tuesday, 21 October 2008

"People"

What happened today didn’t help with my natural “resentment” for people. I know, I know. How can I be a doctor and not like people? The fact is, I can. I have the ability to separate my sentiments from my professionalism in my job. I am sure many in my field are the same too.
My old pair of shoes were stolen from the so-called “secure” changing room of the operation theatre in the hospital. The changing room had a security code locking system only accessible to the doctors and medical staff. I have no doubt that it was stolen by a hospital staff.
I just feel very frustrated because after working so hard for “people” to the point of self-neglect, this is what I get. I know it’s a little silly to generalize the whole incident, but I’m only human, and I have every right to be prejudice.
I called the OT sister and even the hospital director just to let them know that their staff were thieves. I was not surprised to be informed that I was not the 1st victim. They promised an investigation, but seriously, I’m not hopeful.
The fuss I’m making is not about that old pair of shoes obviously, but really about “people”.

No comments: