Saturday, 14 June 2008

IMG_1582 copy

Spent the whole day listening to a HIV/AIDS update in the hospital today. It was pretty heavy especially when it got to the drugs and the management of the opportunistic infections in a HIV patient, but I was very engaged with all the sessions and was strangely very excited especially during case discussions. I could feel my thoughts racing through my mind. Ideas after ideas, and stuff from medical school. Haha. But I felt that above every detail that the ID specialist presented today, all he really wanted to emphasize was that HIV/AIDS is a treatable disease, and that no patients should suffer or die from it. Just shifting my own mindset from AIDS being a death sentence to it being a treatable disease completely change how I would approach future patients.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HIV/AIDS is not treatable. HAART is used to reduce viral load, improve patients' symptoms and lengthen survival.

sharon said...

that's why it's treatable, not curable.

Blog Archive