Friday, 13 June 2008

IMG_0875

I had the heaviest lunch ever, period, today. Mun Foo was down from Telupid attending a course in Sandakan so I brought him for a scrumptious seafood lunch. Needless to say both of us felt so lazy postprandial because of the excess load. And also because of the non-stop chatter in our extended 2-hour meal. The last time we saw each other was 5 months ago after we parted in Ortho posting to go for our respective district posting. But it was so enjoyable and because I do miss chit-chatting with a familiar face. I went for a swim later in the evening with the delusion that I would be able to burn off lunch. :) By next weekend I would have another familiar face with me here in Sandakan. My old housemate from KK will be transfered here, and she has accepted my offer to share my apartment. It was a no brainer because I'm comfortable with her. She had been an "uneventful" housemate. This weekend I would be completely occupied, thank God. I'll be attending a HIV update course the whole day tomorrow, then on Sunday I'll be trying out horse-riding! There's a ranch a couple of miles away from my place that is run by an Australian lady and her daughter. I met her last weekend at the yacht club and she was telling me about her animals in the ranch and also about her giving riding lessons. I'll just have a visit first on Sunday and see whether I'm comfortable with the horses. Can't help thinking of Christopher Reeve.

No comments:

Blog Archive